Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Where in the world is this located in a 2006 Rav4 Limited?
Well the immobilizer isn't really a device, but rather a system. What part of the system are you trying to locate?

The system uses an RFID chip inside the head of the key.

This is similar to the device hidden in merchandise that causes the alarm to go off when you pass through sensors when trying to leave a store.

The sensors for the system are located around the ignition switch. Your key transmits it's unique code, and if it doesn't match the code in your RAV's computer, the engine won't start. So your RAVs ECU is the final part of the system.

If you purchase a new key, you need to go through a process in which you tell the computer to accept the code being transmitted by the new key.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed a remote start. I got the kit with the im05 immobilizer bypass. I have everything hooked up except for the 2 wires that it calls to be tapped into the 7 pin plug on the immobilizer clip.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rx and tx into pins 4 and 5 of a plug in which i am absolutely baffled about.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That 7 pin plug should be close to the ignition switch...since I still don't have pants on I can't go outside yet, but in a little while I will go out and take a picture of the plug for you...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
now mine is a 2010, but they should be similar if not the same...

the red arrow points to where the harness plug is...the blue circle is where i tapped into the wires...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now mine is a 2010, but they should be similar if not the same...

the red arrow points to where the harness plug is...the blue circle is where i tapped into the wires...
What colors are the wires in the car harness that you tapped into? I found the loom but all i know is rx and tx. Nothing gives me color coding....

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
im not sure what colors mine are hooked to and cant look right away...according to your diagram above you need to connect to the violet and orange wires...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not sure what colors mine are hooked to and cant look right away...according to your diagram above you need to connect to the violet and orange wires...
Yep got it done! Thanks for the help i appreciate it big time!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. So the remote start works now. No issues, except the door locks dont work. Which wires do i tap for those? I have them tapped into the wires described in a video for a rav WITHOUT an immobilizer. Is there a difference?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think the door lock wires I tapped into were on the driver's side, maybe behind the kick panel...your remote start unit should have the option for positive or negative wires to control the door locks...make sure you use the correct polarity when hooking them up..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They're negative wires correct? The wires I tapped into are definitely behind the kick panel, supposed to be from the switch. Does the pulse for the locks matter if its set to .3, .8, double or total?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts