Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire valves broke on all four of my wheels! (Stupid valve caps!!)
In an effort to not spend $500 to fix it, the tire place is deleting the sensors in the wheels. How to I remove the light though? It won't pass inspection with it on! Please help!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The light that comes on is not a check engine light so why would it not pass inspection?

Because West Virginia is stupid. Another one that makes no sense, if you have to do rust repair and it is not painted with body color, and just primer, it fails. I got a failed sticker once because my freaking horn "was not loud enough". Love this state ????

·
Registered
178 Posts
Because West Virginia is stupid. Another one that makes no sense, if you have to do rust repair and it is not painted with body color, and just primer, it fails. I got a failed sticker once because my freaking horn "was not loud enough". Love this state ????
LOL...damn.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
In an effort to not spend $500 to fix it, the tire place is deleting the sensors in the wheels. How to I remove the light though? It won't pass inspection with it on! Please help!!!
All 4 sensors failed at the same time? That would be odd, no?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
I have told everyone I know over and over again: DO NOT install brass or chrome plated brass valve caps onto aluminum TPMS valve stems! Due to electrolysis the caps WELD themselves on and any attempt to remove them with a wrench results in a broken ($) TPMS sensor!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I have told everyone I know over and over again: DO NOT install brass or chrome plated brass valve caps onto aluminum TPMS valve stems! Due to electrolysis the caps WELD themselves on and any attempt to remove them with a wrench results in a broken ($) TPMS sensor!
Anti-seize is our friend.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Anti-seize is our friend.
So are plastic valve stem caps. That's what my Toyota came with. I wouldn't trust anti-seize in the weather like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts