Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well approaching 3 years of ownership, and I am going to be due for new tires soon as my current Firestone LE2s are starting to thin down after over 50 thousand miles on them. Now here is my question... Without lifting the vehicle (Although looking into Deaver Spring lift), what tire size can I fit down there? Currently I have 235/55/18 (stock size), and I would like something with a little more sidewall and a beefier tread. Thanks for the help everyone.

Nick

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Many have put on 235/60-18 and enjoyed it...I went a different way with my sport and put on 17 inch wheels with 235/65-17...others have installed 255/55-18...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I am looking at the Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T-S in 245/60r18. They will fit and will give me the all-terrain traction I am looking for with a little more "beef"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new here....I am going to purchase new tires in the next few days. I have the original Toyo's that come on my 2012 Rav4. They have given me 50,500 miles. I am not sure what to get. The Tire place that I deal with recommended Goodyear Fuel Max. They got horrible reviews. The one person was going with continental, what else to have you had luck with. A friend with a highlander a year newer went back with the bridgestone duel that was original to the vehicle. I have made myself crazy looking at reviews. The car has always been noisey. I just thought it was the car, not thinking anything about the tires. Thank you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am new here....I am going to purchase new tires in the next few days. I have the original Toyo's that come on my 2012 Rav4. They have given me 50,500 miles. I am not sure what to get. The Tire place that I deal with recommended Goodyear Fuel Max. They got horrible reviews. The one person was going with continental, what else to have you had luck with. A friend with a highlander a year newer went back with the bridgestone duel that was original to the vehicle. I have made myself crazy looking at reviews. The car has always been noisey. I just thought it was the car, not thinking anything about the tires. Thank you.
I currently have the Firestone Destination LE2's and love them. Only reason i am not getting them again is because I want to get a larger, more all terrain style tire. If you are looking for a great all around tires, cant go wrong with the firestone in my opinion

·
Registered
137 Posts
You have choices other than the Goodyear
Truecontact does mud and snow
Michelin defender ranks well too
If you do mostly highway either of the three will work though the conti and Michelin will last longer

The all terrain thing ? The aforementioned Yokohama will work but the treadlife, mpg, and sometimes road noise may suffer

Your choice

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Seems okay for treadwear

Mpg ain't bad, wasn't bad before either
My typical 22mpg went to 24mpg
Could be I drive better or keep them better air'ed than b4

Seems slightly quieter on asphalt