Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have owned my 2011 Rav 4 for almost 3 months. I have experienced on about three occasions now that if I park the car in the sun for a period of time the car will not start immediately. Not sure if this is coincidence that it was in the sun or not. The engine tries to turn over. Most recently when this happened the car was parked on a slight incline, after trying for some 20 minutes without success I rolled the car to a flat surface. Waited possibly two minutes, turned the key and the car started immediately. On previous occasions the car has been on a flat surface and has started on the second or third attempt. Do you know of this please ?

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
If the battery checks out OK with a capacity load test, the problem could be that the battery terminals and battery cable connections have corrosion. Resistance to electrical current increases with increasing heat, and if the cable connections have corrosion that also would increase electrical resistance. If that is the cause of the problem cleaning the connections would solve it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts