Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dealer in my area has a Rav4 with all the options that I want but it is an inbound vehicle. He does have the serial number (last 8 characters of the VIN) but he says it can take up to 3-4 weeks to get this vehicle from the port. From what I read in other posts it sounded like inbound cars are up for grabs, but this dealer has the serial number. Does this sound legit ?

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Yup, the dealer should have the entire VIN, I bought mine inbound, the dealer emailed me a copy of the Vehicle Inquiry Report on the vehicle which included VIN, options and even the key number!! He also knew that it would arrive in a 3 day window which it did.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rav4rusty said:
A dealer in my area has a RAV4 with all the options that I want but it is an inbound vehicle. He does have the serial number (last 8 characters of the VIN) but he says it can take up to 3-4 weeks to get this vehicle from the port. From what I read in other posts it sounded like inbound cars are up for grabs, but this dealer has the serial number. Does this sound legit ?
That sounds legit. The dealer told me that they first get the ID number, not the whole VIN, and that point they can reserve a vehicle. Once they can see the VIN, they would want you to come in and do paperwork, so that the vehicle is officially yours. He gave the same timeframe: 3-4 weeks.

As I said, sounds legit, although I did not have a chance to see this work as I was able to locate a RAV much sooner than that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's legit. My dealer gave me partial VIN as well. Gave me a call when the car got to port, and only took a few days after that to get it. (Of course, I am in so Cal where the vessels from Japan arrive.)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the replies. This is a great site and I look forward to posting pictures when I get the vehicle, which is a loaded Limited V6 in black.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts