Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sources report incentive will increase to max. $10K from $7500 Electrek - EV and Tesla News, Green Energy, Ebikes, and more
Not too much real information as expected from rumors, but I am wondering:
  • for US made vehicles only (“American-made EVs.”)? The R4P would not qualify, and it probably would take Toyota some ramp-up time to start production here
  • this wasn't mentioned, but with the way the current administration operates, I would not be surprised if the was some sort of an income cap for the buyer to qualify. At our state level, we already have that. Everybody gets $2,500, and low income buyers can get another $2.5k. I am not sure it's such a great idea to encourage low income people to spend $40k on a car, but who knows. The incentive will help a little, maybe?

·
Registered
342 Posts
If they do income limits for federal tax credits, it'll surely be > $150k for couples, and probably > $200k. The increase to $10k from $7.5k is being widely discussed and may well happen, but the catch is that they are likely to let it only apply to vehicles made in the USA (meaning Toyota will have to make the RAV4 Prime in the US in order for it to qualify after the 200k vehicle limit is passed), and they might also do what many states (including my own) are doing in terms of putting a limit on the purchase price of the PHEV/BEV of $50k.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If they do income limits for federal tax credits, it'll surely be > $150k for couples, and probably > $200k. The increase to $10k from $7.5k is being widely discussed and may well happen, but the catch is that they are likely to let it only apply to vehicles made in the USA (meaning Toyota will have to make the RAV4 Prime in the US in order for it to qualify after the 200k vehicle limit is passed), and they might also do what many states (including my own) are doing in terms of putting a limit on the purchase price of the PHEV/BEV of $50k.
Yeah, that's exactly what I would be afraid of. So better buy now. :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sources report incentive will increase to max. $10K from $7500 Electrek - EV and Tesla News, Green Energy, Ebikes, and more
No incentives to build auxiliary power plants (that work at night, when cars are charging) and upgrade the power distribution to charge all those new cars?

I am not sure it's such a great idea to encourage low income people to spend $40k on a car, but who knows.
They will ask for a bail-out of their loans probably.
Otherwise is just political pandering.

the catch is that they are likely to let it only apply to vehicles made in the USA
I though that they hated the previous administration "Make America Great Again" position... What's this if not the nationalism that they fiercely denounced as "racist"?

·
Registered
294 Posts
and they might also do what many states (including my own) are doing in terms of putting a limit on the purchase price of the PHEV/BEV of $50k.
As much as i hate it. Since it’ll make some of the cars i really want (Taycan) ineligible. But Something like this is actually fair. They don’t need to subsidize a $100k Model S.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No incentives to build auxiliary power plants (that work at night, when cars are charging) and upgrade the power distribution to charge all those new cars?

They will ask for a bail-out of their loans probably.
Otherwise is just political pandering.

I though that they hated the previous administration "Make America Great Again" position... What's this if not the nationalism that they fiercely denounced as "racist"?
... no "they" described a racist as one who says people chanting "jews will not replace us" as "very fine people"...
..Moderator?...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
..Moderator?...
So you are upset that I don't want to pay from my taxes for you to get a fancy new electric car, while I trudge along in my 10 and 20 year old cars?
Because I don't want Government to give incentives to people to force them make poor financial decisions, get loans that they can't afford. Just to look "cool" or fit the narrative?

And you compare me to a me a NAZI because of that?
You're "Ignored" troll.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts