Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last weekend I wanted to go offroading a bit with the RAV4. Now the track was easy for the RAV, except that I was concerned about ground clearance, and I regretted selling my Hilux all over again.

Some people have inserted rubber bungs into the suspension to lift other 4x4's, but I'd like to get opinions as to what works for a RAV4. Any proven ideas, anything that you people have done to increase ground clearance? New rims are not on the cards, not enough benefit for the cost involved.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Old Man Emu has considerable respect for their equipment as used on 4x4's. I wasn't sure their equipment would be applicable to a soft-roader like the RAV4, but they do make springs for the RAV.

Expensive, but OME springs and possibly OME shocks for my RAV. It's certainly overkill, but I smile at the feeling. Now to find a transfer box with low-range... :lol:

Edit: Alright, I've found exactly what I want to do; http://www.compact4wd.com/rav4oz/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=200 Yes, please!!! :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the links and the info, guys. I was wondering how OME compared with Ironman, but it seems that everyone is very happy with OME, so I'll go with the flow. Plus, I've found a dealer, >>Baillies<<, just a couple of km's from my house :D, and will shortly be giving them a visit.

Before I go for OME though, I'd like to rule out bungs. What will the more expensive OME do for me that bungs won't?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys,

Actually what you saw on those ride in Rav4 Expedition is higher than 40mm lift. As those guys have install ironman lift kit plus additional custom made height spacer front and rear. That why their ride is higer. Moreover, most of them are using 235/70/16 and 245/70/16 tyres. When they park beside a Rav4 without rising the height, the stock Rav4 look so small. :lol: Even Italy Rav4 club guys also surprise how they lift their ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts