Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like two circles on both sides. I have the cargo cover so I know it's not for that. Is it for some sort of shelf?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
If I am reading your post properly, they should have d-shaped ring in them for a net or tie-down.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Could you be asking about the cargo net locations.The following images are from your owners manual.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup. That's it. Thanks. Although that cargo net thing seems kind of stupid considering how much storage space these Ravs have under the floor. It's my understanding none of the newer models or any other models have that so that net thing makes sense for those.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yup. That's it. Thanks. Although that cargo net thing seems kind of stupid considering how much storage space these Ravs have under the floor. It's my understanding none of the newer models or any other models have that so that net thing makes sense for those.
I always loved that cargo net.It was simple in design and yet offered a lot of flexibility. I believe it also had positions under the floor cover were it could be stowed away.

I usually left it in position "C" to act like a hammock. You could put anything fragile in the hammock and it would just gently swing without getting broken or crushed from other items. We often carried iced cakes and similar things that would have been all over the cargo area (the way I drive) had it not been for the hammock.

Position "B" was also handy if you had a lot of items piled in the cargo area. It allowed you to open and close the tailgate without everything rolling out on the ground. It reminds me of another SUV (can't remember which one) that allowed the owner to just lift the glass without opening the entire tailgate. I used that all the time to prevent stuff from falling out.

I would have paid for this if it had been available on my latest SUV.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
It reminds me of another SUV (can't remember which one) that allowed the owner to just lift the glass without opening the entire tailgate. I used that all the time to prevent stuff from falling out.
Not a SUV but a big car, the '99 Ford Taurus wagon, has a swing up rear window. Very handy! (When I got ours used, the previous owner was amazed. She did not realize it did that - and she was a car sales lady.)

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I'd also be interested to hear where they're available. I bought my 2011 used and don't have a cover or net.
Do a Craigslist search for "rav4", and put a $95 max for the price so that you don't vehicles in the results.

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Rickl I see nothing on your post except a big minus sign within a circle, twice. I do see what you wrote.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Rickl I see nothing on your post except a big minus sign within a circle, twice. I do see what you wrote.
Yes, that happened to a lot of the images I have posted over the years. A lot of my images were stored on my Google Photos, under a special folder I used for many things.

I wanted to rename the folder to something more meaningful, and since the folder name was not part of the URL to the images, I didn't think my links to the images would be affected.

Well I was wrong and all the links on RAV4World became broken. I changed the folder name back to what it was, but the links did not restore properly.

Since I cannot edit posts after a certain time frame, I was unable to correct any previous posts, such as this one.

Here are the images again in case they can help someone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts