Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 RAV4 and have an indention on the driver door panel from resting my elbow while driving. It doesn't take much to leave indentions, but they usually disappear. But, after constant pressure in the same spot it is permanent. Anybody else having this issue? Any idea how to fix this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Haven't experienced that in the RAV - mostly because the wife is the primary driver.
Did experience it in my previously owned Cadillac CTS. Complained while it was still
under warranty and the panel was replaced.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I use the armrest rather than the windowsill. Suggest using a hair dryer at low heat to try to eliminate the indentation on your windowsill.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't experienced that in the RAV - mostly because the wife is the primary driver.
Did experience it in my previously owned Cadillac CTS. Complained while it was still
under warranty and the panel was replaced.
I'll mention it to the dealer when I take it in for service. The door panel was already replaced due to rattles. Probably have it replaced before the 3/36 expires.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the exact same issue. I do alot of driving for work and rest my elbow there often. I figured dealer wouldn't do anything about it. IDK. Not too concerned at this point.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would try a hair dryer to warm it up, then use some small type of roller over the area being sure to go an inch or 2 past in both directions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same thing. Started around 17k miles, 7 months into ownership. Dealer refused to change it. Manager said it was normal wear and tear. I disagree but that's Toyota "service?" for ya.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Since the window sill isn't designed to be used as an arm rest, damage which is done to it by using it as that wouldn't ordinarily be regarded as a "defect," so dealer refusals to rectify the situation under warranty are understandable. Toyota corporate likely wouldn't reimburse dealers for labor or any needed parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since the window sill isn't designed to be used as an arm rest, damage which is done to it by using it as that wouldn't ordinarily be regarded as a "defect," so dealer refusals to rectify the situation under warranty are understandable. Toyota corporate likely wouldn't reimburse dealers for labor or any needed parts.
I can understand their position. But I will say that with this problem occurring after just 6 months ownership, the window sill is not designed very well. That, along with how the dealer handled communicating with me about it was less than professional. However in their defense, I am comparing Toyota to my other vehicles, Audi and Porsche where even out of warranty, they jump through hoops to make the customer happy. The RAV 4 SE I bought was mainly to shlep my mountain bike(s) around... and I do LOVE the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2016 RAV4 and have an indention on the driver door panel from resting my elbow while driving. It doesn't take much to leave indentions, but they usually disappear. But, after constant pressure in the same spot it is permanent. Anybody else having this issue? Any idea how to fix this?

More proof that troublesome Toyota interiors are the result of serious cost cutting.
Check out my threads on rattling interior noises, it's entertaining!
Good luck with the repair, Styles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts