Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Hate to tell you this, but after shipping they are $30. No way does it cost $15 to ship that. Still not sure how that compares to others, so may still be a good price. Biggest thing on e-bay is look at the shipping price, alot of sellers like to jack it way high.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MOHIT: I don't normally look at 4.1 stuff, but just thought i'd share it.

SZRimaging: Yes, that is a selling strategy. The seller isn't claiming it costs 30 to ship, he's just trying to show the initial price so you will consider it. no biggy. even at $30, that's still a steal. Don't indiglo gauges go for $80+?

S

·
0 Posts
Not sure, just makin sure you saw the 15 at the bottom, like I said, alot of people miss it. And darn it, y don't they have them for a '98!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
About the ebay shipping...

ok, from waht I was told, most of the big sellers on ebay ship worldwide. So to keep down on paper work and stuff liek that, what they do is take the highest shipping rate and the lowest, and find a median of the two. then they charge that middle amount as a flat rate, worldwide. In some cases, it helps... but in others, it can be a pain in the ass. Like the first item I ever ordered was my TRD key blank, 4$, 15$ to ship (didnt notice till it was too late) from korea. (this is what one of the owners of one of the bigger ebay stores [global-exchange] told me how i works.)

But yeah, SZR has a point there, 30$ is still a pretty damn good price on a new guage set...

S

·
0 Posts
Actually, and this isn't to point out your mistakes, but rather to make ammends to Zoomie if he/she (Sorry, don't know which), I think Zoomie deserves the gold star for the find. It is a good find, and 30 overall is by no means a bad price, just pointing it out to zoomie that it was 30 and not 15. And if I came off a little...ummm....mean or something like that, I apoligize. I don't mean to, sometimes it just comes out.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
...and to add my thoughts on HIGH shipping charges on eBay. Some sellors insert HIGH shipping charges and LOW product prices because eBay bases their fees on final bid price for the PRODUCT... not on shipping charges. This way the sellor keeps their cost of doing business with eBay lower :shock:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless someone has done it on your exact car, no one will know. You're best bet is to ask the guys who are more experienced and do it for a living. As the seller. It takes 2 seconds.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
gauges

I have those gauges they took 30 minutes to put in

they are cool and 2 different colors.
[/img]

I

·
0 Posts
so do you know anyplace that i could get those guages, or different ones from the stock ones?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
He meant where can he get them for his model RAV4, as the pre 97' guages arent compatible with the 98-00' RAV4.

I dont think anyone made a set for our RAV's... but I do remember hearing about a couple of guage compaines that do custom orders (tho I dont remember the name of them, and im betting it wont be cheap...)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts