Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the US, is it possible to actually order a V6 Sport with individual options? I'd like to get a V6 sport with JBL audio, steering audio control, moonroof, and DRL. But when I try to build it on the buytoyota site it doesn't show these options and is restricted to particular option packages. I could have sworn I read someone post that you can pick individual options somehow using a different site maybe.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I know.. I have seen windows stickers with indudual option but it DOES seem that you are unable to order options outside the option groups. I swore a while ago you could order(build) Ravs online with seperate options like you said..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm working with a dealer in NJ who's trying to get me a V6 Sport with JBL and Side airbags. The have a build order for it, but it's not designated for this area. I think they're planing on a dealer swap before it gets off the boat. Going to have to pay almost list, but it's what I want.

I could get a Limited with the same options for a slightly lower price, but I really like the Sport model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yup, the option groups shown on the build a toyota website are just for the "convienience of, well, somebody. they don't mean a thing. I have seen RAV4s with many combinations of options not listed as a group like on the site. try the TMV folks, they let you price one out with individual factory options. I looked at the RAV4s available in the SE Region and they had all different combinations listed...MSRP of the Limited 4X4 V6 was from $28,000 to 31,000. Most came with a combination of one or more of the options like the extra airbags, towing package, JBL, Moonroof, remote start, etc...which REALLY drive up the MSRP. I want a Limited only with towing package, the extra airbags, and daytime running lights. It might be a long time before one can be located.
Joe

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
know whats odd? On my window sticker I have all the options to fulfill the option group #c. BUT it spells out each of my indudual options NOT the option group C.

Does anyones elses do this?

Wannabe said:
Yup, the option groups shown on the build a toyota website are just for the "convienience of, well, somebody. they don't mean a thing. I have seen RAV4s with many combinations of options not listed as a group like on the site. try the TMV folks, they let you price one out with individual factory options. I looked at the RAV4s available in the SE Region and they had all different combinations listed...MSRP of the Limited 4X4 V6 was from $28,000 to 31,000. Most came with a combination of one or more of the options like the extra airbags, towing package, JBL, Moonroof, remote start, etc...which REALLY drive up the MSRP. I want a Limited only with towing package, the extra airbags, and daytime running lights. It might be a long time before one can be located.
Joe

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
badkarma said:
For those of you in the US, is it possible to actually order a V6 Sport with individual options? I'd like to get a V6 sport with JBL audio, steering audio control, moonroof, and DRL. But when I try to build it on the buytoyota site it doesn't show these options and is restricted to particular option packages. I could have sworn I read someone post that you can pick individual options somehow using a different site maybe.
These are not available for the Sport model in Canada. However DRL is mandatory for all Canadian vehicles so it will have that. If anything, the sport should at least have the side impact bags, but those are not available either. Maybe next year? Shrugs...

Rob

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RobG said:
These are not available for the Sport model in Canada. However DRL is mandatory for all Canadian vehicles so it will have that. If anything, the sport should at least have the side impact bags, but those are not available either. Maybe next year? Shrugs...

Rob
Well, actually I was considering importing one from the US since it's slightly cheaper after duties and exchange and the Sport gets more options in the US. Toyota Canada warranties US vehicles as well. I've imported several vehicles in the past, a US rav4 with DRL would almost pass federal inspection except for that child harness anchor for the rear seats. Most ppl just throw it in the box at the back anyways. I checked the pictures online on the US site and the speedo has kms as well.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is true that Toyota sometimes requires the addition of another "single option" in order to get another "single option" on ALL of their vehicles.. not just the RAV4.

The way they can be configured also varies by location.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Basil Toyota Internet Mgr said:
It is true that Toyota sometimes requires the addition of another "single option" in order to get another "single option" on ALL of their vehicles.. not just the RAV4.

Is it possible to configure a Sport V6 4x4 with DRL, JBL Audio(steering wheel buttons for stereo), and Moonroof? I wouldn't mind the tow package or cheaper options but I don't want leather, etc.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you do buy a Rav4 V6 in the US and bring it back to Canada, I recommend that you try to get one that has the same mechanical configuration as the V6's sold in Canada. For example, all V6's sold in Canada have the towing package. If you needed to replace your radiator or alternator on a non-towing package V6 you would need different parts and Toyota Canada might not stock them. The resale value would also suffer but that only matters if you plan to sell it. I would certainly never buy a car that has an odometer in miles, a speedometer that was pimarily in mph and kph as secondary units, and a temperture readout in F. There are some other things that are standard on the Canadian models that are options in the US but Toyota Canada doesn't emphasize them and I only discovered them after I made my purchase and compared it to what other people were posting in this forum.

These are the type of things that convinced me to buy my car here instead of importing one, even though I probably paid more by doing so. At the same time, I did not have to pay for any options that I did not want because I wanted all of them. When I compared my vehicle to a similar one from the US, the difference was not great enough to go through the effort.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Sport doesn't come leather, nor can you have it as a factory option, so you're good there! 8)

You pretty much described my Limited, only I added leather and an autodim mirror w/ compass at the dealership.

My sticker options were:

FE - Federal Emissions
EJ - JBL Upgraded Stereo
GY - Side Airbags
RL - Daytime Running Lamps
SR - Power Moonroof
TO - Towing Prep Package
C4 - Carpeted Floor Mats
DK - Preferred Owner's Portfolio
GN - Cargo Net
MF - Mudguards

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
You would have to go to toyota.com and see if you can. Every region is different. In my region ALL v6 sport 4x4s come with JBL, sunroof, side bags, towing package, DRL's, Tonneau Cover w/ Cargo Net & Support Poles whether you like it or not:)

badkarma said:
Basil Toyota Internet Mgr said:

Is it possible to configure a Sport V6 4x4 with DRL, JBL Audio(steering wheel buttons for stereo), and Moonroof? I wouldn't mind the tow package or cheaper options but I don't want leather, etc.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Antirich- in my zip code it sure does ..In fact in my zip (19149) There is ONE option package available on the v6 4x4 sport and its standard . No other option packages are available. So basically ALL v6 4x4 sports in my area will all be equipped exactly the same except for any accesories that may be added on..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts