Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Dodge D250 CTD, (2) 1997 VW Passat TDIs, 2002 VW Jetta TDI, 2006 Toyota RAV4
10 Posts
Hello guys
I would like to know if there is a website or application that gives me the complete info of my vehicle using the chassis number
Thx
Using the VIN number, this site works in the US. Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners
Sorry I can't tell from your flag, what country you are in. My screen is too small and my new glasses haven't come in yet.
Give it a try. From that website I was able to get all the information on my RAV4.
Best of luck...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Using the VIN number, this site works in the US. Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners
Sorry I can't tell from your flag, what country you are in. My screen is too small and my new glasses haven't come in yet.
Give it a try. From that website I was able to get all the information on my RAV4.
Best of luck...
I think he meant vin # in his country i guess they call it chassie # either way the internet is the same worldwide... just google your year vin ID for toyota rav4

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I didnt know that? The vin # should carry all factory info of your and your only particular car, I dont know where 'chassie # comes into play... Ive heard about matching up say the engine block #, but the frame # dont see why that matters with anything mechanical

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
chassie is the build number, the number that is on the base structure of the car
but the frame # dont see why that matters with anything mechanical
That is called the VIN - Vehicle Identification Number. The body is the car, the engine is just a replaceable part of the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is called the VIN - Vehicle Identification Number. The body is the car, the engine is just a replaceable part of the car.
Sonic dude I still am stuck with my reverse polar issue... fuses are good I did it all ... The body control module pertains to the PS & Windows I know thats like one of the computers in the car,,, but my question is ... could have i fried that? isnt that what fuses are for so that cant happen?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
isnt that what fuses are for so that cant happen?
Sadly, the fuses are too slow to react to protect the electronics.
The fuses are there just to protect the wires (harness) to catch on fire during short-circuit events.
I would try to get a used body control from eBay or a junk yard.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I think you are right, its the next and only step, and maybe dont have to cost $700 could get one used or whatever for reasonable.Btw, they're called 'salvage yards' now... you could offend somebody? lol ...I always called em' 'junk yards'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts