Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the dealer has to have access to Toyota servers for head unit updates? I've had my 2014 xle with nav for about a year and a half and have never done an update. Impressions I get here is that there have been a few software updates since, have there not? My voice recognition says "initializing and is unavailable" most of the time. Overall things work but they aren't as smooth as they could be so I wanted the update if one is available. If anyone has had updates, did it improve the functionality as a whole?

Anyway, the lady at the service desk didn't know what a head unit was. She said anything like that can only be done between the hours of 8 and 4 because of toyotas servers. Is there any truth to that? I mean, the lady had no idea what she was talking about. She booked me in not even knowing if there was an update or what a software update was or if it can be done after 4:00. My appt is at 5 on Tuesday. Fortunately I have to go pick up my BSMs anyway so either way it won't be a wasted trip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a 2014 XLE and my head end started to cycle between the Home Screen and the "Continue" message you see when you start the vehicle up-displays just kept rolling between the two.
Bluetooth and Entune became very "wonky" as time went by.
I had my oil changed yesterday and also asked them to update the head end with the newest flash. They (Toyota of Carlsbad) knew exactly what I was requesting-"very common issue in the 2014's" I was told.
My completed Work Order stated that they "Flashed with 5.0 to replace previously installed Poor Programming flash". I was in and out in about an hour including oil change, re-flash and a vehicle wash.

Unit is operating perfectly now, and my wife swears that the screen is now brighter although the brightness setting has not been changed in "set-up"??
All good-ask your dealer to upgrade your unit to 5.0 and problems should be resolved. FYI-this is the first re-flash I have had done since we purchased the vehicle in October 2014.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts