Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I plug my LG V30 into the Android Auto Port it stops giving me my SMS on the screen. It works fine when I'm just on Bluetooth. Any thoughts on this?
Also, when I plug in while on an SXM channel it switches to Android Music. I never use that so I have no idea why it chooses the channel it does. Is there a way to stop this?
Thanks all.

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD Blizzard Pearl
800 Posts
When I plug my LG V30 into the Android Auto Port it stops giving me my SMS on the screen. It works fine when I'm just on Bluetooth. Any thoughts on this?
Also, when I plug in while on an SXM channel it switches to Android Music. I never use that so I have no idea why it chooses the channel it does. Is there a way to stop this?
Thanks all.
Go into the Android Auto settings app in the app launcher on your head unit (not the Toyota settings but the actual Android Auto launcher setup app) Check the settings to make sure notifications are not muted and "Show the first line of message" (can't remember exact wording) is on. Android Auto replaces the Toyota SMS chime when you are projecting.

While in the settings app, also turn off the "Start or Resume Media when starting Android Auto" (or similar wording, again can't remember) and it shouldn't swap your audio source.

You can also disable YouTube music on your phone, I did that on mine since I use Spotify.

Let us know if this worked, I can go out to mine in the garage if you need more help in case I forgot something.

Light Product Font Line Technology

Font Screenshot Circle Parallel Number

Font Screenshot Magenta Parallel Circle

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD Blizzard Pearl
800 Posts
Thank you for the great info. We are about to fly out to take a cruise so it will be about 10 days before I can to this, but I will feedback.
Hope you guys have a great cruise! I was out in the garage earlier messing around and went ahead and snapped the photos while I was out there, hopefully these do the trick for you.
Communication Device Telephony Portable communications device Gadget Audio equipment

Output device Plant Gadget Audio equipment Flat panel display

Computer Output device Personal computer Plant Flat panel display

1 - 5 of 5 Posts