Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchase 2019 Rav4, anyone have any issues with their Infotainment resetting to 24-hrs clock. Once in awhile, the clock turns on 24-hr setting and I have to go into the clock settings to turn it off. Not sure if the upgraded JBL Infotainment screen makes a difference.

Also I'm not sure if this is normal behavior but my climate control setting doesn't seem to remember it's settings. Whenever I turn off the climate control, it seems to default pointing to feet but never remembers what last setting it was on.

Edit: Posted in wrong section, can this be moved into interior.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My clock changed on me once so far. I thought it was a bit odd, but it was an easy fix. Didn’t think much of it. The only annoyance I’ve encountered is apple carplay. It doesn’t always work. I’ll plug in my phone and it doesn’t connect to CarPlay, but it will still charge it though.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
A week isn't a good sampling, mine's gone a month before it switched back to 24hr, I've given up trying setting changes to fix it, nothing has worked in the 6 months I've owned it, my solution is just change it back to 12hr when it happens.:serious

·
Registered
323 Posts
I wish they would add the date somewhere on the display. I miss this from my previous car. Some times I need to know what the date is without picking up the phone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the same problem with the clock changing. Also, I frequently lose the time display completely on the MAP screen. Is there some place we should report these kinds of bugs other than with the Dealer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Report it to Toyota. I did and they called me and said they were adding it to their database, investigate further and said they would report it to the dealership and have them follow-up also. I'm guessing if I took it in they would just re-set the clock which i can do myself but they seemed interested in reaching a resolution.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Report it to Toyota. I did and they called me and said they were adding it to their database, investigate further and said they would report it to the dealership and have them follow-up also. I'm guessing if I took it in they would just re-set the clock which i can do myself but they seemed interested in reaching a resolution.
I did report it but I’m not holding my breath for a quick fix

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Had my Cruiser for 10 days and the clock is still on 24hrs.
My be we have a better system in Australia.

·
Registered
323 Posts
To add to the details, the 24 hour change occurs just on the big display. The small in-dash display stays at 12 hour time. Very confusing. Mine has not changed in a while and if I remember correctly, I turned off the auto set feature.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
To add to the details, the 24 hour change occurs just on the big display. The small in-dash display stays at 12 hour time. Very confusing. Mine has not changed in a while and if I remember correctly, I turned off the auto set feature.
Both displays change to 24 hrs.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Both displays change to 24 hrs.
Wow, it appears the bug has changed. It was only changing the big display. Either they made it worse or are trying to mask the issue. With both get randomly set to 24 hour, what does the settings menu say, 12 or 24? Do you have to cycle the setting to make it change it back to the original setting?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Wow, it appears the bug has changed. It was only changing the big display. Either they made it worse or are trying to mask the issue. With both get randomly set to 24 hour, what does the settings menu say, 12 or 24? Do you have to cycle the setting to make it change it back to the original setting?
I just changed the setting on the big display.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Had my Cruiser for 10 days and the clock is still on 24hrs.
My be we have a better system in Australia.
The issue is that 12-hour (AM/PM) time setting isn’t holding, if you prefer 24-hour time (as I do), you should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
17 Participants
Evrafter
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing