Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of doing my knock sensor and replacing injector seals while the intake is off. I am looking for tips for easily cleaning injectors and any tips or advice for removing and reinstalling. My plan is to blow some b12 through the injector and flush with gas while pulsing injector with 9v battery. Looking for suggesting on cleaning fluid, whether the injectors can take 12v or stick with 9v to be safe. Also if i remember correctly you normally dip injectors with new seals in gas before installing to help gaskets seal correctly... is there a preferred lubricant i should uses or will gas do just fine? Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
There was a Youtube video on cleaning injectors with a 9V battery, syringe from Walmart, and lacquer thinner, I think. Very dangerous; be safe.

Not for my RAV4, but used that method for another 4-banger to see if it had a bad/intermittent injector. The cleaning procedure killed it, so I guess the method worked for identifying the bad injector! Replaced them all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts