Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several threads on buying inserts. I did not see inserting aspects discussed. I had changed my inserts before, but I forgot some info.

The inserts have a wider end at one end. What I have figured out is that in inserting, the wide end goes last. That may seem obvious, but the wide end is somewhat arrow shaped. That only helped confuse me.

The other thing is, is it better to have the wide end away from the drive arm (up when wipers are vertical), or the other way. I think it does not matter, but I will be interested if somebody thinks different.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
There are several threads on buying inserts. I did not see inserting aspects discussed. I had changed my inserts before, but I forgot some info.

The inserts have a wider end at one end. What I have figured out is that in inserting, the wide end goes last. That may seem obvious, but the wide end is somewhat arrow shaped. That only helped confuse me.

The other thing is, is it better to have the wide end away from the drive arm (up when wipers are vertical), or the other way. I think it does not matter, but I will be interested if somebody thinks different.

2006-2012 Toyota RAV4 Common Problems, Repair How-To Guides, & Vehicle Maintenance DIY Instructions

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,730 Posts
You want the wider end toward the pivot point of the arm.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Have not messed with inserts in YEARS. I bought a whole blade last time and it was cheaper than the toyota insert (only place to get it) and it looked identical. I think I bought a Bosch replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts