Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install an AMP in the trunk storage of a RAV4?

I haven't bought one yet, but I saw one today at the dealer.

There is a little storage spot under carpet in the trunk, it looks like a really thin amp could be installed there.

I know you can install under the seat, but everyones so far had to remove the heater vents to do it.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I installed 2 amps and 2 subwoofers in my trunk but I had a custom case made for it.. isn't it possible to install it under back seats?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
golfnut said:
Anyone install an AMP in the trunk storage of a RAV4?

I haven't bought one yet, but I saw one today at the dealer.

There is a little storage spot under carpet in the trunk, it looks like a really thin amp could be installed there.

I know you can install under the seat, but everyones so far had to remove the heater vents to do it.
Under the seat seems to be the best place to put it, in my opinion. If you put it in the cargo area, you lose the cargo space. Don't hide any amps in any compartments or under the carpets due to heat issues.

However, some people do put their amps in their cargo area if they do a custom job with sub boxes, etc.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you were more creative than me, you could easily leave the vents intact and install amps under your seats. I took my vents out because there is hardly ever anyone in my back seats and I didn't want to be hassled by the bit of extra work.

Have a look at my cardomain page if you want to see how to do it yourself. It's not that hard.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
machman said:
If you were more creative than me, you could easily leave the vents intact and install amps under your seats. I took my vents out because there is hardly ever anyone in my back seats and I didn't want to be hassled by the bit of extra work.

Have a look at my cardomain page if you want to see how to do it yourself. It's not that hard.
I left my floor vents in place. With or without them, I hardly ever carry rear passengers anyway. Actually, they have been removed for the summer months so that I can fit my bike. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts