Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Can someone help me with an information.
I want to add the door mounted puddle light strips but not sure how to wire them.
Most LED strips I see say connect to existing lights. But I do not have anything on my XLE base model.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I highly recommend the below listed item from Amazon: wireless, you just stick it to the bottom of the door ( it is magnetic and there is enough gap to not interfere with closing the door), it has a light and motion sensor, it turn on only at night and only when you open the door. I have 3 of them installed (front doors and trunk), the battery lasts a long time (I have installed mines in May, and they still going strong), when the battery dies, you can recharge it using the supplied power cord.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y7KL4PD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all this is not a puddle light so no use for me at all, thanks anyways.
Second , I don't want wireless, it means dealing with batteries all the time. I want something I can wire in permanently and forget about it.
I found a bunch of light strips like this

And I like the idea, but all of them require existing door lights which I don't have.
This I am asking if there are prewired harness exist in 2020 hybrid XLE so if I take the door panel off I can just make the plug on the wires and plug right in. Or at least if I have wiring there I can tap into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.