Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whether it's possible to install a steering wheel (with audio control) from 2004 into a RAV4.2 from 2003 (without audio control).

It will fit but will it work, will I find the right connectors?

Can't find much on Internet/this forum about this, only some speculations.

Who can help me out ?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
It will probably fit, but I doubt the wires are there in the spiral cable (clockspring) to connect the audio controls to the head unit. You would need to replace the spiral cable with one that has the right number of conductors and the plug to match your wheel. Then you would need to extend those conductors from the steering column to the head unit.

You might find some instructions here:

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Junebug.
A bigger problem I ran into is that the airbag connectors are not the same, the old version has 1 connector and the facelift has 2 connectors, as this is a safety issue which I would rather not mess around with I leave it for what is is right now...

Remco

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Thanks for the reply Junebug.
A bigger problem I ran into is that the airbag connectors are not the same, the old version has 1 connector and the facelift has 2 connectors, as this is a safety issue which I would rather not mess around with I leave it for what is is right now...
That's a shame, but I can't blame you. I wouldn't want to mess around with the SRS either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts