Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been a member for a few years and have for the most part been a stalker. Great resource and appreciate all the good info found here.

I recently updated to a Factory display /navigation unit on my 2012 Base Model, Toyota Part # 86140-0R060. Everything has seamlessly integrated and I'm trying to please the wife by adding a reverse camera. I went to the bone yard and got a camera unit from a 2012, part # 86790-42050. I also got the connector off the back door and spliced wiring to go to the head unit. I've wired the 16 pin connector as instructed by pillpusher84 from a thread started on 3-31-2013. I need to know how to wire the reverse camera unit to the display. The reverse camera has 4 wires colored:

YELLOW
BLACK
WHITE
RED

I'm assuming the 4 wires are for CA+, V+, V- and CGND. Has anyone with the 2012 system tried to add the factory reverse camera to the radio screen to take advantage of the larger display?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Install Factory Rear Camera on 2012 Factory Nav Screen

Thanks Junebug.

I saw that link and it gives instructions are for installing an aftermarket Eclipse unit to a 2009-11 Rav4. It appears the 2012 OEM nav units are different. I've used a thread started by pillpusher84 on March 31 2013 for most of my info but am stuck on the outputs for the OEM camera. I'd give the url but am not allowed to post links because of my newness to the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts