Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Make sure the rear seat is move all the way forward and then pull up on the piece. there are some speed clips that are kinda under the seat. it will pull right out, but not much room there for an amp. I ripped everything out, was going to sell the vehicle but my wife vetoed it. going to reinstall but really going to go stealth this time. so looking for another place to stash teh amps. might try removing the side panels to see if there is room. I never had overheat problems with the amps in the lower section at all.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I still couldn't figure it out. Do i pull the 3 plastic pieces underneath the rear seat to the roof direction or the rear seat direction? Thanks for quick response. I'm fighting my cargo space too. Might put the sub in the hidden cargo space area. Hopefully it only take half of it, so I'll have half of the hidden cargo space.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I had most of the success by grabing towards the front and pulling straight up. or you can take a screw driver and pry at each point to break free the clip. I had stuck a 12w3v3 in the cargo area in a custom box with the amps towards the end. I did notice improved handling by removing that box and the tow hitch. I really think the rear suspension is weak.

·
Registered
890 Posts
hmm.. I see. Hope this won't affect the handling. Finally, I got the compartment removed. It's easy. At first, I was worry to break it :) Thanks a bunch. I think I can fit in my JL amps in there. I just need to custom made the missing compartment with some woods from Lowe's. See how it goes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2008 sport which I have not picked up yet. I am definitely going to change the head unit and the four speaks. Can you answer these questions for me/\? Will the front and back doors take 6 by 5 speaks? What size is the small speaker at the top of front doors? Can you get a sub that fits the rear door without modification? Would you consider selling me your old sub as the sport model does not have one?

Thanks, Ed

[email protected]
snowdreams1080 said:
Amps are in. Sub is out. still need to run speaker wire. work up a way to mount the sub and make the grill look pretty. not much room for the sub as you can see.

amps in just needing the speaker wire put in.

sub out

comparison w/ a mb quart 8"

hopefully to get done next. mount sub. run all speaker wire.

then next session will be the speakers and the head unit, followed by steering wheel controls.

thanks for your time.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts