Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
あなたの時間を取るし、あなたはあなたの成功で驚かれることでしょう。 私は EBay からオフ 4 のセットを購入マッチした色。素晴らしい品質と非常に簡単なステップの方向に付属しているインストールを示すビデオをまた持っていた。 写真ショーを行う! ラリー。

Take your time and you will be amazed at your success. I purchased a set of 4 off from EBay, color matched. Great quality and came with very easy step by step directions, also had a video showing install. Show picture when your done! Larry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased the side moldings from Toyota and have the OEM instructions if anyone wants them.....I'm waiting till spring when the weather is warmer...instructions say to wait till temp is above 60 degrees.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, I wish I could have gotten hold of those instructions. I wanted the body side moldings on my hybrid when I purchased it, and before I could do anything, the dealer "installed" them. Let's just say, none of them were even on the same plane across the door. They looked like they each had been thrown on by someone wearing a blindfold. I had to have them order new ones after a lengthy discussion with the manager, and then I removed the old ones because I wasn't letting the dealer get near them again. I spent an hour taking measurements from a vehicle that had them installed at port, then I made templates out of masking tape, and ended up getting them on perfectly in the end. It probably would have been easier with those instructions, though!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with the dealer installed moldings. Trouble is they sometime have the "detailers" install them thinking "who can screw this up"! I purchased a set of EBay from a reputable company, they came with very explicit directions and there was a video you could watch. Took me maybe 30 minutes to lay out the blue painters tape for my line, measured 10-15 times. Applied and wa-la they came out beautiful and the paint was spot on! Glad you finally got what you wanted! Any pictures?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is what happened. They also didn't quite get the splash guards on correctly, and after that I chose to do the rest, installing mats, the door edge guards, and the door sill plates. In the end, though, I think it worked out for the better, as I wasn't a huge fan of having the moldings but up against the door edge guards since they go a few mm onto the panel. This way I was able to move the front one up a bit so it looked even when the edge guards were installed. The lines are spot on now, and perfectly even between both sides. The extra effort was definitely worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
I purchased the side moldings from Toyota and have the OEM instructions if anyone wants them.....I'm waiting till spring when the weather is warmer...instructions say to wait till temp is above 60 degrees.
It would be great if you post those instructions here.
The link to those (suggested by another member) take you to a page "not found".

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
It would be great if you post those instructions here.
The link to those (suggested by another member) take you to a page "not found"
Are you talking about the link I provided back on post #6? I just checked it and it takes you right to the 4.4 Accessories page.

Or, you can try this. Go to the R4W Members Only forum and click on Sticky: RAV4 4.4 Accessory Manuals. Then click on Body Side Moldings and the instructions should open up in your PDF reader.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Are you talking about the link I provided back on post #6? I just checked it and it takes you right to the 4.4 Accessories page.

Or, you can try this. Go to the R4W Members Only forum and click on Sticky: RAV4 4.4 Accessory Manuals. Then click on Body Side Moldings and the instructions should open up in your PDF reader.
Yes, but your link one this post worked like a charm, thanks!

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Registered
138 Posts
I tried to find one in my area with body side moldings already installed at the port, but none had the trim and color combination I wanted. I looked up the instructions on installing these and saw they just give you measurements. I wish it was easier like how Subaru does it. They come with a template you just tape on the door and then install the body side moldings. Very little room for error.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
The link I keep on finding is the same one as above, but elsewhere on the forum (sorry can't yet link) the claim is that this doesn't quite work right for a 2016 XLE Hybrid.

(to quote: "Went looking for body side moldings installation instructions for my 2016 XLE Hybrid and dug up this old thread. Followed the instructions for tape layout and was going to install the molding above the tape as instructed and illustrated but realized it was too high for the new model and molding style. However, installing the molding at the bottom edge of the 3/4" width masking tape I had used resulted in a perfect alignment.").

So I'm going to assume I'd need similar adjustments for a 2017 Limited Hybrid.

Anyone have new instructions?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts