Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone install a Gentex auto dimming mirror not by a Toyota dealer? I have a 2004 RAV4 and thinking of getting the Gentex auto dimming mirror with temperature control but someone told me that because of my 3 year warranty from Toyota I shouldnt do anything electrical to the car unless it is from Toyota. That it would void my warranty. Did anyone ever heard of this? I dont like the auto dimming mirror offered by Toyota and my dealer will not install the Gentex for me and no non-Toyota person has ever service my car.
Did anyone had any problems installing the Gentex mirror? Does anyone recommend a auto shop in the New York area.
Thanks all for the response.

R

·
0 Posts
I installed a Gentex in December. I bought it off of EBay from a seller who changed the colors from Green to Amber for a total of $150 shipped. It came with the temp sensor and has compass and auto-dim features as well. It only shows one at a time, either compass or temp but there is a button to toggle between the two. I have the L package which has a lot of wiring harnesses tucked away in the head liner. I was able to add the Homelink garage door opener by simply plugging it in. There was another wiring harness which I tapped into to power the mirror. I'm pretty sure that harness was for the stock auto dim mirror which my Rav didn't come with. Use the "T" type connectors found at any autoparts store to tap into this power supply or check out Chim Chim's site for a complete DIY. I do have a lousy photo in my album but I can send a slightly larger photo if you'd like. BTW, get the wedge mount on the mirror, not the cam lock. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts