Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately, I am finding this is far from turn key as far as d.i.y. Even though fogs were once on Rav 4 hybrid, no merchant is going to hold themselves up as supplying a full "kit".
Example (same reply from Diode Dynamics, etc):
oyota does not have a kit to install fog lamps on a vehicle that does not have them. Unfortunately, we can only advise what parts will fit the vehicle as built by the factory by using your vin#, any retro-fit/modifications you want to do outside of how the vehicle was built will be on you to determine what part numbers are needed to do so.

BAM Wholesale Parts Support

I don't understand why this is so difficult, but then I think Toyota saved a bit of money by not putting them on. While the stock led lights are great, at this point I'm beginning to wonder why not have long range spots in the plastic inserts, that would come on with high beams? What brand/size would have that sort of "pencil beam" or driving, or driving-fog combo beam pattern?
The best stock lighting I ever adapted, fwiw, was using the larger 9" european round Jaguar hi/low hi with the 7" high beam/H1, in the days of halogen-using 100w bulbs. Even back in the 80's, it was the beam pattern of Hella lights which was like a football field area.
If anyone has a list for wiring, relays, fog replacement to driving element (that doesn't look like #$*@), please let me know (2022 RAV4 hybrid xle). I still don't think anything above has to be "aftermarket' if, as some say, the stock harness keeps a fog plug somewhere. Just tuning it in with the high beams might be easier!??

·
Registered
27 Posts
They're really nice eye candy, but the stock LEDs are quite adequate, compared to perhaps a set of driving lamps for long range (highway) areas. I would have loved the Prime, but another 15k for the Prime wasn't my wife's choice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts