Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi went to home depot today to look for plastic gutter gaurd for lower condensor protection as others have done, thanks for heads up all! only had white in plastic so went to Lowes, same thing so I bought the black metal guard,
Installed on the outside of factory plastic as was to lazy and hot today, cut a little strip off end for template on height,, did not cut width as it was perfect,and cut out,, then tie wrapped in place, I did use painters tape for lower paint protection as some ends are sharp,,
After cutting there is enough left over for 2 in case you know someone that needs also.
Grille Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Hood Grey Automotive exterior Rectangle Vehicle door

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do the Primes have active grill shutters? From the pictures you posted I don’t see them but do the XSE models have them?

My gas limited has them and my condenser is clean as a whistle after 20k miles. Not only do they shut at highway speeds, the additional shutters act as a shield too even when they aren’t closed. My wife’s hybrid xle does not and her condenser is covered in dead bugs and rock chips at only 7k miles.

·
Registered
21 Rav4 Prime SE with a little brother 95 LJ70 diesel
280 Posts
Grille shutters have come up before, early advertising showed them but they were not installed.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The hybrids have a split condenser unit in which, if I'm not mistaken, the lower half is for the hybrid cooling system. More than likely, the shutters would interfere with that cooling system. My gas only Limited has the shutters but it have a one piece condenser.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,509 Posts
Do the Primes have active grill shutters? From the pictures you posted I don’t see them but do the XSE models have them?

My gas limited has them and my condenser is clean as a whistle after 20k miles. Not only do they shut at highway speeds, the additional shutters act as a shield too even when they aren’t closed. My wife’s hybrid xle does not and her condenser is covered in dead bugs and rock chips at only 7k miles.
My XLE Premium hybrid has the active grill shutters. Is there any rhyme or reason why some have active grill shutters and others don't?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
My XLE Premium hybrid has the active grill shutters. Is there any rhyme or reason why some have active grill shutters and others don't?
Well, that shoots holes in my theory. Most likely the reason is similar to the headlight gaskets.

I know the louvers were standard on the gas only Limited. Anyone with a gas only XLE Premium with the louvers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts