Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's universal installation kit. I added it to 2017 RAV4 limited. Very easy to install. There are only 5 wires to connect, 2 wires go to liftgate switch, 3 wires (ground, ACC, +12V) go to front.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Having a hybrid with the battery in the trunk this would be a simple install for me. Looking forward to hear if you end up liking it or not. Does it just mount under the rear bumper or something?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This looks good. I am hoping it can be installed even though I have a trailer hitch?
You can move location of the sensor. Fixed object will not trig the sensor. It can see ground, but not triggered, for example. When ACC is ON, it's disabled.

·
Premium Member
7,970 Posts
You can not tell what here? What kit you used and where you got it?
I'll give you a little hint, see the ebay link in the other kick activated thread, the ebay seller has the same username.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'll give you a little hint, see the ebay link in the other kick activated thread, the ebay seller has the same username.

Ahhhhhh! He got me. Nice one. Thanks for pointing that out.
Good one ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you detail the wiring on the liftgate switch?
There are two wires connected to the liftgate switch. You connect wire form the universal installation kit to one of these two wires. It's easy to find the trigger wire. This kit can only open liftgate. There is a new version which can open and close liftgate. I didn't replace mine with new version kit. But I added a cube tilt switch, which has different output in different positions. One output connected to trigger wire of liftgate switch for openning, another output connected to trigger wire of push button for closing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Okay Thanks for the wiring tips. I think I'll try to tap on the wires from the front release switch, read somewhere in a post that this alternate source can be triggered with less constraint. I will fall back to the gate wires if no success.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Okay so i worked on my car this weekend and rerouted the wiring to the liftgate. Previously I run the wires to the dashboard area with the intent to connect the liftgate switch near the steering wheel. So now I found out the switch on the liftgate has 3 wires. Not sure if the 3rd wire is to unlock the liftgate, 2 of the wires are white, the middle one is white with black stripe.
Any idea?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The white/black wire is ground. You can test the 2 white wires to find trigger wire.

Try the right side one first. New version of kick-activate sensor requires the 3rd wire which tells status of the liftgate (opened or closed).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the tip, i got it to work. It opens only, not a big deal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi czgu, do you think if the acc wire from the kick box is not connected at all, the device not sensing a 12v signal would still operate when the car is on (acc/running)?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts