Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take a stab at installing OEM Body Side Moldings on my 2016 RAV4 Limited Hybrid myself. Went pretty well I think.

Picked up the moldings from eBay, $135. Matched my Magnetic Grey Metallic color.
Downloaded a PDF Installation Guide.

Additional equipment for installation:
  • Painter's tape (I used 3m Blue)
  • Microfiber cloths
  • Marker
  • Non-metallic tape measure (like the kind for crafts)
  • Razor knife (for careful trimming of tape)
  • Cleaning solution (I used 50/50 water/white vinegar)
Installation of both took a little over a hour, second one going faster than the first. Still good to take your time with this, as the saying goes, measure twice, cut once. I'm happy with the outcome, the moldings break up flat look of the side doors.

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Great job! And those moldings look much better than the OEM ones which were applied to my '11 RAV!

Reactions: scottjl

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well done.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great job -- They look real sharp. I've also got a 2016 MGM RAV4 Hybrid (XLE) and was going back and forth on whether to add body side moldings. These look like they will do a great job in protecting against parking lot door dings! Often they line up too low to help. I'll definitely be ordering a set soon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Decided to take a stab at installing OEM Body Side Moldings on my 2016 RAV4 Limited Hybrid myself. Went pretty well I think.

Picked up the moldings from eBay, $135. Matched my Magnetic Grey Metallic color.
Downloaded a PDF Installation Guide.

Additional equipment for installation:

• Painter's tape (I used 3m Blue)
    Microfiber cloths
    Marker
    Non-metallic tape measure (like the kind for crafts)
    Razor knife (for careful trimming of tape)
    Cleaning solution (I used 50/50 water/white vinegar)
Installation of both took a little over a hour, second one going faster than the first. Still good to take your time with this, as the saying goes, measure twice, cut once. I'm happy with the outcome, the moldings break up flat look of the side doors.
I just installed mine today on my 2016 SE. I would add that a level be used to ensure that the vertical tapes are 90 degrees and that precise measurements using a tape measure in metrics is absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You did a very nice job, they look great!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Looks Great !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh this looks awesome. Just got one in same color, but non-hybrid limited. I was wondering what it would look like with the body moldings. Will definitely do the same on my vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I had to say thank you for posting pictures of your install! Wish you could have done mine. Dealership screwed them up big time and your photos and the guide will hopefully get them to fix their mistakes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts