Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to install oem car wheels onto my RAV4? The size and bolt pattern are correct. I guess what I'm asking is: are car wheels not designed to support/operate on heavier mid-size SUV's like my RAV4? or are wheels all the same... there is no difference given the wheels are the same spec?

To be clear, I'm only asking about the wheels, not the tires. I'll mount the correct tires onto them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Camry and Venza have the same bolt pattern as our Rav4's... the wheels are all NOT the same, but most of them will work, I assume since you mentioned not the tires that you know you would need matching profile tires to fit those wheels.

I've been looking at Camry, Venza, Highlander and even Sienna sport wheels.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Is it ok to install oem car wheels onto my RAV4? The size and bolt pattern are correct. I guess what I'm asking is: are car wheels not designed to support/operate on heavier mid-size SUV's like my RAV4? or are wheels all the same... there is no difference given the wheels are the same spec?

To be clear, I'm only asking about the wheels, not the tires. I'll mount the correct tires onto them.
I believe the V6, which your profile says you have, has bigger brakes than the I4. You'll want to make sure different wheels will still clear the calipers.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
What advantage(s) is/are there for replacing the RAV's SUV wheels with wheels made for an apparently conventional car?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
There's no such thing as a car wheel and an suv wheel. Just different sizes. Presume OP just either likes the style or needs some replacements/winters and has a good deal on some OEMs from a car.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I have not messed with the RAV4 wheels yet, but I have built a number of cars. I always measure, carry calipers when shopping. I don't trust the catalogs. My best parts guy is retiring. Maybe I should, too. Where except here to find good info?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What advantage(s) is/are there for replacing the RAV's SUV wheels with wheels made for an apparently conventional car?
No advantage. Not replacing. Just bought my RAV4 and getting ready for winter... don't want black steelies and found a good deal on some car wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts