Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've got a 2010 Rav4 and being that I am originally from North Carolina there was no need for a front plate. Now I have relocated to Virginia and need to attach a front plate however I noticed there are no pre-drilled holes. I was wondering if I need to drill holes in order to attach the plate or if I just need to poke through something. Also do I need to setup a mounting bracket or can I just slap that sucker on for now. Also what size screws do I need if its pre-drilled.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hey I've got a 2010 Rav4 and being that I am originally from North Carolina there was no need for a front plate. Now I have relocated to Virginia and need to attach a front plate however I noticed there are no pre-drilled holes. I was wondering if I need to drill holes in order to attach the plate or if I just need to poke through something. Also do I need to setup a mounting bracket or can I just slap that sucker on for now. Also what size screws do I need if its pre-drilled.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
This will help you out. Read the PDF

For 2009-2012 TOYOTA RAV4 BASE MODEL FRONT BUMPER LICENSE PLATE HOLDR TAG BRACKT

Attachments

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
I used a front plate bracket intended for an '05 Honda CR-V - much better than the Toyota bracket since it secures the plate on three sides and has a complete backing for the plate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought my 12' rav4 recently and the dealer installed the front plate bracket and plate. I am trying to take the plate off and the screws will not turn. There seems like there is almost a screw anchor back there stopping me from getting it out. Am I going to destroy something if I just crank these things out? I am only turning with enough pressure until I feel like something is about to break.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
My dealer installed front plate and frame screws came right out with no problem. Perhaps your dealer had a gorilla (dealer lot sort of handyman) install yours. Suggest that if you feel that you will break something in your efforts that you take your RAV4 back to the dealer and have one of their people remove the screws. If something breaks it will be their responsibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts