Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I would like to install heated seats in my wife's 2015 XLE.
The questions I have are:
How easy is it to remove the cloth from the seats to install the pads?
Where is the best place to get +12v from? (It looks difficult to access the fuse panel)
Lastly can anyone recommend at heated seat kit that they have used?
Thanks for any help with this!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your 2015 XLE should be similar to my 2013. I added heated seats to the front seats only using a kit from EBay. I believe that kit is still available. The kit has quality pads but the best part is the control switches. They are an exact fit into the center console cut-outs. They provide 5 heating settings. My system is still working great after 3 years of use. Here is that current listing :

2 Seats Heated Seat Seat Heater Fit Toyota 4Runner Avalon Avanza FJ Cruiser | eBay

Here is a link to another post with a lot of info :
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124...yone-installed-heated-seats-their-rav4-2.html

As mentioned, it's best to remove the seats from the car. Note the airbag warning. You don't have to completely remove the seat cloth fabric, just enough to gain access to the foam cushion for heater pad application. I just worked from the outside and front of the seat cushions. There will be a number of hog rings that need to be removed and re-installed, so getting a $20 hog ring plier kit with a pound of standard size hog rings is a good idea.

The seats only draw 10 amps total but are fused higher and individually. Using the Add-a-fuse kit makes getting power easy. The fuse panel is accessed from beneath the drivers side dash. Just remove the fuse panel cover and plug in the Add-A-Fuse. You won't be able to re-install the fuse panel cover but it's under the dash and not noticeable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am installing seats on my wife 15 now.

There is not power to the fuses for heated seats... per my multimeter
where did you go for power?

·
Registered
9 Posts
We installed similar heating element kits in two of our cars. Unfortunately, our aftermarket heating elements didn't wear well and failed after a year or two. I suggest you install the best (most rugged) heating elements you can find. That said, it is very easy to install them. Do as 2013 RAV4 XLE says and remove the seats from the car. We removed the entire seat cover and then reinstalled it. We used tie-wraps instead of the hog rings because we didn't plan ahead--They held up well, but I recommend you do as 2013 RAV4 XLE says and get the hog ring pliers and rings for a professional install. Lastly, we took power from the fuse box and installed the ground under one of the console/dash hold down bolts. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lastly, we took power from the fuse box and installed the ground under one of the console/dash hold down bolts.
jhb, how did you power them? Any pics?

Also FYI I read on another post that you can use zip ties instead of the hog rings. Just another idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We took power from an unfused (not protected) spare connector on the fuse box and installed the ground under one of the console/dash hold down bolts. The bun warmers had their own fuse and switches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts