Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering installing the following OEM (not aftermarket) packages on my 2017 XLE Hybrid:
  • Parking Assist (computer, sensors, buzzer, ideally infortainment support)
  • BSM (computer, sensors, mirrors)
Currently, I've a crucial question:
Is it correct that lower-end trims (like XLE Hybrid) hardware\software is ready to accept those new components (computers)?
So, after plugging them into the system computers would work and the system would be able to discover them and enable corresponding features on the infotainment?

Of course, I'll need to replace some wiring harnesses like the one in the rear bumper to connect new sensors to the computers.

Any thoughts\info\references\experience is highly appreciated.
Also, it would be great if someone having those systems factory installed could report part numbers of the wiring harnesses, because it's the toughest thing to figure out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
as you said, you'll need new harnesses, wiring, ECUs and guides. a good starting point would be the Toyota tech website, (Toyota Service Information) make an account and you will get free access to lots of useful information (guides on installing running boards, tpms, towing hitch etc), for your case (BSM and parking assist) I think you will need to pay to get access

you can buy a24 hour license and it ends at midnight of the next day, so you get more than 24 hours, it's not expensive, like less far 5 euros I think

here are the electric wiring diagrams for the hybrid View attachment SM_1 (2020_03_21 12_05_02 UTC).pdf View attachment SM_2 (2020_03_21 12_05_02 UTC).pdf View attachment SM_3 (2020_03_21 12_05_02 UTC).pdf View attachment SM_4 (2020_03_21 12_05_02 UTC).pdf View attachment How To Read Toyota Wiring Diagrams.pdf

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts