Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2005 Rav4 S but it didn't have the spoiler. I've ordered one from Spoiler Depot which will be ready in a week at about half the cost Toyota wanted. In looking at the back door, I see I will have to remove the plastic around the top of the window to drill the holes to attach the spoiler. My question is do these plastic peices snap in and out and will I need to pry them out with a scew driver or will they break doing it that way? I don't want to spend $150 for installation. Any help would be appreciated.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No problem...

Open the covers by prying the 3rd brakelight cover from bottom outwards (If you standing behind the door and facing the cover, pull from the bottom towards you). Then u can pull out the 'L' shaped covers at both sides easily. U can then see there's 2 holes directly below the location where u will need to drill the holes for the spoilers to fit (You are getting the OE spoiler aint?)

These covers are secured back with just a pop for the clips to snap back in place. as long as u aim correctly and align the clips with the holes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts