Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to vehicle mods of any sort.

Was thinking about buying a pre-painted spoiler off of ebay to install on my 2005 rav4.

However, I don't want to risk doing any damage, so I was wondering if there is some sort of walkthrough for this process.

The spoiler I would buy is supposedly OEM. Do you guys know if the rav4 has pre-drilled holes for the OEM spoler??

Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The holes aren't pre-drilled, otherwise you'd see them. But there is acces from the interior if you take the plastic moulding off. You will find openings on either side of the rear door allowing you to get in there and tighten the bolts properly once you've drilled. As for drilling, there should be a sort of stencil that comes with the spoiler that you can put on the exterior to mark your drill holes properly. These holes should line up perfectly with the access spaces on both sides of the interior of the door. It's a good idea to have a second person helping you when doing the actaual mounting of the spoiler, holding it in place to avoid scratching etc...

Maybe ask the seller if the spoiler comes with a marking stencil before bidding?? If not, a dealer should have one, and it probably won't cost anything to have them make a couple pencil marks for you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Drilling into your precious shiny car can be freaky. I've seen bad cases. I'd just recommend getting someone to do it for you with all the money you're saving by buying your spoiler from a supplier other than the dealer.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If anyone's interested, I got a 4.2 rear factory spoiler (new) sitting in my garage. I was intending to retrofit it to my 4.1 RAV, but found a great deal on a 4.1 rear spoiler on eBay which did not require customizing. :D

This spoiler is a metallic white color. It comes with all of the hardware and template. Please PM me if interested, will sell really cheap since I don't have a use for it anymore and it is taking up space in the garage. :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zoomie said:
Drilling into your precious shiny car can be freaky. I've seen bad cases. I'd just recommend getting someone to do it for you with all the money you're saving by buying your spoiler from a supplier other than the dealer.
I hear you. I had my spoiler installed by my dealer a few months after I bought my RAV4. I paid around $460CAD, and it was money well spent, given that I didn't want to goof around with a near-new car. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts