Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had a problem with the airbag warning LED being dimly lit at all times, I put a regular bulb back in there and everything is good now.

I replaced the turn signal LEDs with dimmer LEDs but they were still too bright for my liking so I took a black permanent marker to the LED covers and it dimmed it just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had another problem that I forgot to mention earlier with the low fuel light, it was always on with LED's I went back to a regular bulb and it was fine.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I discovered the error of my ways, I needed CANBUS LEDs at least in certain positions in the dash, like the low fuel warning and airbag lights, but I went ahead and replaced all the ones I originally installed with the following from amazon.com and they all work well now.

WeiXuan 10PCS Led Car Instrument Board Light T5 Wedge 2 LEDs 5050 SMD Canbus for Auto Dashboard Instrument Panel Red

·
Registered
42 Posts
If the clock is anything like on the Celicas of the same era, better men have tried to change the colours and failed. The best fix seemed to be to get a tic-tac box of the desired colour and cut a piece out to insert. This requires disassembling the dash to get the clock unit out, opening the clock unit and inserting the plastic piece in front of the readout.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Are the LED lights on the dashboard dimmable when installed?
Yes, they are dimmable and still working great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm about to swap out some poor quality LEDs a previous owner of my Mk1 RAV4 installed, as they make the dash hard to read at night. I'm probably going to go back to the standard bulbs.

However the previous post has got my wondering. Is there a dimmer/brightness control on the Mk1 RAV 4 Dash ?, if so where is it ?
Maybe someone has dimmed the instruments on my car.

Thanks,

Alastair

21 - 28 of 28 Posts