Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to posting in this forum but have read quite a few helpful things here. I have a 2010 Rav4 v6 base model. I recently purchased a weapon r intake with ram air extension to suck in cold air. I took out OEM Air intake setup all the sensors etc. I installed the intake successfully or so i thought. I had 3 4 mm vacuum lines that were all connected to the OEM box. The instructions had me connect all three lines with a 3-way t. I started it up shifted funny and sounded like an air leak and it kept throwing a p0101 error code. I sprayed off the Mass Air flow sensor with rubbing alcohol and let it air dry. It would run fine but still could hear air leak somewhere. I finally found the air leak which one of the 4 mm lines was suppose to be capped and the vacuum inlet capped. I did this and it ran better than ever with no air leaks i could hear or see. I drove it 20 miles and the dang code p101 came on again. I can keep clearing it but i want to solve the problem not temp fix it. Any suggestions. Thanks for your time.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
Use our handy search feature to find weapon r. There are a few forum members here who have installed it. But if it were me, I'd put the original stock intake and all sensors back. I haven't heard any great benefit from using the weapon r.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts