Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just checking out www.buyatoyota.com and "Build Your RAV4". The choice of a Limited V6 with 4WD for the Chicago Region (ZIP 60103) is now gone. That model choice was there a couple weeks ago.... I just E-Mailed my salesperson to see if it is possible that Toyota has stopped shipping these to this area....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Funny you mentioned this. I had the same problem with the V6 base in the Connecticut area. All the sudden it was gone. A couple of weeks later it was there again.

Not sure if this is a glitch or when all cars of that catergory are spoken for, they just do not list the option anymore until they become available.

Any other explanation out there? :egad:

K

·
0 Posts
have no idea why it would change. In Socal you can't build a 4x4 of any kind or a V6 limited. I have to plug in a SF bay area zip code to build the Rav I want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I just checked it out and it's not coming up for me either in the Chicago area. I'm glad I picked up my limited V6 4x4 a month ago.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where?

cjchaps...where did you get your truck from? I really don't thibk my dealer is doing all they can for me. I think I'm in for the long haul, but was just wondering where some had better luck.......

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Where?

I got it from the internet sales manager at Orland Toyota.

MoonRav4 said:
cjchaps...where did you get your truck from? I really don't thibk my dealer is doing all they can for me. I think I'm in for the long haul, but was just wondering where some had better luck.......

G

·
0 Posts
As far as I knew, since this is the first year Toyota introduces the RAV4 V6, all dealers just had a few each on hand (I guess Toyota doesn't want to build and export from Japan to many since Toyota doesn't know how customers response to this new model).
Also, unless the buying rate in one particular dealer area is really low on that model, most dealers don't want to give up their car when another dealer needs it if that car model quantity is limit.
Anyway, the car is nice. But after 500 miles, I regret a little of buy this RAV4 V6 Limited. I guess my heart still stay with manual transmission compact sport coupe cars like my trade-in Honda Prelude Si. Should had pick the new Civic Si.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I purchased a 2006 RAV4 Limited last week from Carmax/Toyota in Kenosha, Wisconsin. It was the only Limited on the lot. I too noticed that the RAV4 Limited had been removed from the Toyota web site for the Chicago area. I checked the inventory of 2 nearby dealers. They had 32 Base, 22 sport, but only one Limited. Mine was very loaded and had a sticker ov $30,428. I paid a "no hassle" price of $28,588. I'm very happy, after waiting 9 weeks for a Sport V6 in flint mica color, I bought the black Limited 10 days ago.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well if you track the SE region site with build and buy for zip 34423 you get lots of detail on model totals etc. I have been watching the numbers for about 5 months now. Sport and Limited are only about 2.5% each of total deliveries. V6 varies from about 10-16% of total deliveries.

But you can find them at local dealers but they go fast. www.fitzmall.com always has a few at good prices.

And yes things come and go on the Toyota options list by region it seems.

The bottom line is they are selling all they can make and that is not a buyer's market even though I sense that prices are dropping some. Fitzmall has V6 for $200-500 over invoice recently down from $1000 over a week or so ago.

G

·
0 Posts
I was told by my dealer's inventory manager that Toyota had been building more Sports than other models recently, anticipating demand. They were caught short on supply of LTDs, especially V6. The May manufacturing order calls for about 35% LTDs. (Not sure if he was referring just to the Midwest order.) Inventory won't hit dealers for 4-6 weeks, though, according to him.

G

·
0 Posts
The V6 4x4 LTD option is back on the Chicago Region buyatoyota.com web site. Option package C now includes the JBL upgrade and heated leather -- neither of which were available in the region (on that model) before. Perhaps the Midwest dealers changed their build-ahead order??? Hope so.

·
Registered
230 Posts
JIMD4 said:
Well if you track the SE region site with build and buy for zip 34423 you get lots of detail on model totals etc. I have been watching the numbers for about 5 months now. Sport and Limited are only about 2.5% each of total deliveries. V6 varies from about 10-16% of total deliveries.

But you can find them at local dealers but they go fast. www.fitzmall.com always has a few at good prices.

And yes things come and go on the Toyota options list by region it seems.

The bottom line is they are selling all they can make and that is not a buyer's market even though I sense that prices are dropping some. Fitzmall has V6 for $200-500 over invoice recently down from $1000 over a week or so ago.
Hey Jim, good to see you here...I've read a lot of your posts on the Edmunds board. I'm the guy that flew from Little Rock to Baltimore (Fitzmall) to get my wife's V6 Limited 4WD back in March.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts