Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfing the web site from Ripp Modification in New York.
http://www.rippmods.com . They have a supercharge kit for the 5SFE engine. I was looking at the setup and with a little modifications it can be adapted to our 3SFE engine. I asked him a price! He told me that he can give us a very attractive price for the setup. Let me see how much he will charge per kit. Of course, Shipping and Handling is extra. You never know. Of course our fellow RAV4 owners from Down Under, Singapore, France and even Japan can join in. I'll post better pictures as RIPPTECH can email them to me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
a time ago I post a topic of this ripp vortex supercharger
about the fitting on our 3sfe engine, and many ravers said that it don't fit. I don't know why, becuase it have the same 3sfe block.
Thanks mensa for speak directly with ripp (y corroborar la info) 8)
how many PSI the stock 3sfe engine hold? 5 psi with a normal engine live?

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
mensajero said:
I was surfing the web site from Ripp Modification in New York.
http://www.rippmods.com . They have a supercharge kit for the 5SFE engine. I was looking at the setup and with a little modifications it can be adapted to our 3SFE engine. I asked him a price! He told me that he can give us a very attractive price for the setup. Let me see how much he will charge per kit. Of course, Shipping and Handling is extra. You never know. Of course our fellow RAV4 owners from Down Under, Singapore, France and even Japan can join in. I'll post better pictures as RIPPTECH can email them to me.
That would be cool if they gave a better price than what's on their website... and if they do have a kit that could work on the 3SFE on our RAV's that would be very interesting...
There is a local shop that does Rippmods installs so maybe after the deal that Rippmods give maybe I can save money on shipping or even better for being local to a distributor... 8)

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only problem that I can see is the snout of the shaft. As you can see in the Ripp Mods picture. The shaft runs along the top of the exhaust manifold/header. But the snout must have clearance for the Ripp alternator adapter can be installed. In that same place. I can see

1. A small black Fuse Box
2. An A/C hose
3. The Power Steering Cup.

Removing or relocating these parts it can be installed. Also, the Gas pump that the kit brings will not fit the RAV4. It is made for the Camry Gas Tank. The Administration is willing to give us a good price if we have a group purchase. Of co8urse someone has to donate their RAV4 for a few days so they can check out the differences and work them out. I was looking at it, and it isn’t that difficult to relocate these three parts. I guess the most difficult would be the P/S cup. I’d suggest that you take a look at this area and see if you guys can come up with any ideas.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
The thing is they are so pricey...

I still have an idea, and believe I can get the turbo to work... I bought a part that should get rid of the map codes it throws... I will probably install it without turbo first to see that the car doesn't have any problems with it in... and go from there... it's actually from one of the previous links you gave me... I can explain it further in an email if you're interested.... I have several solutions that should work for turbo... just need to accumulate a few more parts to install again... :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts