Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but didn't see anything that helps so I'm hoping someone will provide the answer or the URL with the answer.

I recently got some LED bulbs for my interior (2015 XLE) and attempted to remove the two headliner plastic holders.

While I could get a good grip on them, they didn't come down, even with a lot of force, and I don't want to break them; so, what's the secret for removing them?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used a pair of gloves that had silicon on the outside. Most of mine came out easily but the ones in the hatch were a little bit more difficult. Make sure you pull straight out and don't twist. Good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Check out this video. You may not have the exact tool that they are using but you will get the idea how to get the plastic pieces off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a great video, thanks for the link.

It's given me a little insight toward what to do.

This would be so much easier if the covers were held on with screws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Precision LED sight looks like the best place, for me that is, to get an easy DIY light package. So looking at their sight I see they have 8000K and 6000K bulbs. I like the brightness of the 6000K but I also like the 8000K. Has anyone tried either or both of these?

·
Registered
54 Posts
6000k bulbs will emit bluish light and i think the more bluish with 8000k. If you want just bright white color, go for 5000k.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I replaced the map lights and rear seat light yesterday but was wondering which LED others had used for the map lights.

My package came with two different LEDs that fit the map light:

1. 8 diodes facing down (T10 Wedge 8-SMD)
2. 1 diode facing down, 4 diodes around the side (T10-5050-5SMD).

I tried both and didn't see much difference in the amount of light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts