Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that XenonDepot had put up a guide for LED replacement bulbs for the 2016 RAV4 ( XenonDepot | 2016 Toyota RAV4 HID Kits | Replacement Bulbs | LED Lighting ) so decided to spring for a few. I got four sets of Philips 194LED bulbs to replace the map lights, vanity lights, the cargo area light (I don't know why Toyota didn't put lights on both sides of the cargo area!) and the license plate lights. I also got a Philips 30mm FestoonLED for the rear seat courtesy light and a set of Philips 921LED bulbs for the back-up lights.

I didn't take pictures of the cargo light or the license plate or back-up lights (although, as you can imagine, there is quite a substantial difference between the OEM bulbs and the LEDs), but below you can see the difference the LED bulbs make with the interior lighting.

LED Bulbs.jpg

Map Lights 3.jpg

Map and Vanity Lights 3.jpg

Courtesy Light 3.jpg

Inside 3.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks great! Makes me want to change mine out haha. I did it on all my other cars, but this one being brand new I'm a bit hesitant haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It does make a lot of difference to the interior lighting, as you can see, and was, IMHO, well worth the effort. XenonDepot has sales all the time. When I bought the LEDs, they were on sale, plus there was an additional 15% off the entire order and free shipping on orders over $70, so it was a pretty good deal.

I've only had my '16 RAV4 since March 22 and I've already done the interior LEDs, door sill protectors, rear bumper protector, mud guards, Toyota's RAV4 all weather floor and cargo mats, plus I've bought as set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus 235/55R18 tires to mount on my previously owned Apex Platinum Black rims (that were previously mounted on a 2014 Camry) and stuck them on in place of the OEM wheels/tires. So I've been busy, but I think that's about all I'm going to do to it.

c ya!

·
Registered
218 Posts
How do you change the backup lights? I can't seem to find it in the manual?

I noticed that XenonDepot had put up a guide for LED replacement bulbs for the 2016 RAV4 ( XenonDepot | 2016 Toyota RAV4 HID Kits | Replacement Bulbs | LED Lighting ) so decided to spring for a few. I got four sets of Philips 194LED bulbs to replace the map lights, vanity lights, the cargo area light (I don't know why Toyota didn't put lights on both sides of the cargo area!) and the license plate lights. I also got a Philips 30mm FestoonLED for the rear seat courtesy light and a set of Philips 921LED bulbs for the back-up lights.

I didn't take pictures of the cargo light or the license plate or back-up lights (although, as you can imagine, there is quite a substantial difference between the OEM bulbs and the LEDs), but below you can see the difference the LED bulbs make with the interior lighting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The backup lights can be accessed from under the bumper. If you lay down with your head under the corner of the rear bumper, you can see the bulb holder -- the passenger's side is actually easier to see and access because on the driver's side, there is some additional wiring that gets in the way, but it is doable. It was kind of a pain in the A$$, especially getting them re-seated after installing the new bulb -- you have to push up and turn at the same time with not much room or leverage to do it, but after only two or three hundred curse words, I managed it (and I didn't even throw anything across the garage!). By the way, it is in the manual on page 599 (that's the .pdf copy, I assume it's the same in the printed copy).

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, don't forget that LED bulbs only work in one "direction." I removed all of the lighting fixtures (including and especially the back-up lights!) and the OEM bulbs, then installed all of the LEDs, turned all of the lights on and then went around and starting turning all of the LEDs that weren't on around so they would work (more than half of them!). Only then did I start putting things back together!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interior LED bulba

Does the four sets of Philips 194LED bulbs to replace the map lights, vanity lights, the cargo area light SNUG and TIGHT fit like the OEM stock light bulbs.
Just want to make sure that there is no loose fitting when mounted on the map lights, vanity lights and cargo light.

Please reply.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I bought xenondepot headlights and yellow fogs. Plus some interior lights. Map light dome light. Thought the dome light came with two so will order vanity, license plate and back up lights as well. Question, I don't need resistors for any of them do I?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts