61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
I got the following for $6.50!

I am planning to this for the map light/vanity/...: 6 Pcs White 12V T10 194 168 W5W 5 SMD LED Car Light Bulbs | eBay

For the Dome light: 2X White Car LED Bulbs 31mm Festoon 6 SMD 5050 Dome Map Bright Bulb Light Lamp | eBay

For the Cargo light: 1x 31mm 5050 SMD 12 LED Pure White Car Festoon Interior Dome Light Lamp Bulb 12V | eBay . This is one I believe is not 5050 but 3528. I am fine with this as I do not want it to be super bright in front.

That's the only one for which I did not buy a spare.

I will report on how it looks in my RAV when I am done.
So I got my 6 wedge-style T10 LEDs. So I replaced the map lights and vanity lights. Looks good.
My eight year old who sits at the back says it's too bright and prefers the old yellow bulbs. So here's the conversation.

Son:"It's too white and bright."
Me:"I don't care."
Son:"Of course you care how it looks. That's why you changed it."
Me:"I mean, I don't care what you think!" :)

The look on his face was priceless.
Still waiting for the dome and cargo lights.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I got my 6 wedge-style T10 LEDs. So I replaced the map lights and vanity lights. Looks good.
My eight year old who sits at the back says it's too bright and prefers the old yellow bulbs. So here's the conversation.

Son:"It's too white and bright."
Me:"I don't care."
Son:"Of course you care how it looks. That's why you changed it."
Me:"I mean, I don't care what you think!" :)

The look on his face was priceless.
Still waiting for the dome and cargo lights.
Hey vani,

Did you ever install the dome and cargo lights? Did the cargo light you ordered fit or did you end up using another? Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For the cargo, the 29mm fits better but will have less Leds. If you get the 31mm, use some pliers to make the connectors on the rav wider.
Awesome. Thanks. Were you able to make the 31 fit alright?

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
I have 2 of the cargo leds 31mm. 1 crushed the ends of the bulb but the light flickers. I will be using 2 thin nose pliers to reshape the connectors to accept 31mm bulbs.

It should be easy; others have done it

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Non of these links are working. Any chance you can re-post the links please.
Thank you.
You can find these kits easily on Amazon and eBay. Got mine off eBay for around $5.

Reactions: AM80
61 - 74 of 74 Posts