Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the interior lights don't stay on too long even if the door is open. Is this common? More to the point, is there a way to adjust the length of time they're on? Thanks,

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
if my door is open the lights wont go out til i close the door i think...however i also think that the rav has a circuit in it that will turn the interior lights out if it thinks you left the door open in order to save the battery...find that circuit or system and i think you will be on your way to solving the problem...also state your year, miles and trim level to help people help you...good luck...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if my door is open the lights wont go out til i close the door i think...however i also think that the rav has a circuit in it that will turn the interior lights out if it thinks you left the door open in order to save the battery...find that circuit or system and i think you will be on your way to solving the problem...also state your year, miles and trim level to help people help you...good luck...
Good catch on the year and model....2006 Base. If I leave the door open the lights go out within a few seconds. If I open the gate, the lights go on but then go off in a few seconds. It's very frustrating, if the door is open I want the lights ON! :wall

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Good catch on the year and model....2006 Base. If I leave the door open the lights go out within a few seconds. If I open the gate, the lights go on but then go off in a few seconds. It's very frustrating, if the door is open I want the lights ON! :wall
I would agree with rav4system that the circuit controlling the timeout period is ng. Sorry, but no idea where it is!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
The interior lights should stay on when a door is opened. The computer will turn them off after 15-20 minutes to save the battery when a door is ajar. Try this with every door to see if it's a specific door switch causing the problem. You can change some of these lighting delays using Techstream:

Customize Parameters (buzzers/lights/ac/etc.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The interior lights should stay on when a door is opened. The computer will turn them off after 15-20 minutes to save the battery when a door is ajar. Try this with every door to see if it's a specific door switch causing the problem. You can change some of these lighting delays using Techstream:

Customize Parameters (buzzers/lights/ac/etc.)
Thanks. The lights stay on for 10 seconds if that. If I open another door they'll come on again but only for a few seconds. Its really frustrating when the rear gate is open, lights out in 10 seconds! I'll have to d/l techstream, haven't done that yet. Thanks.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Thanks. The lights stay on for 10 seconds if that. If I open another door they'll come on again but only for a few seconds. Its really frustrating when the rear gate is open, lights out in 10 seconds! I'll have to d/l techstream, haven't done that yet. Thanks.
Lou, on the 2006-2008 models, the rear gate does NOT turn on the dome light, only the tiny light in the door. For example, on my 2008, if it's unlocked and I open the rear gate, the dome light does not turn on, only the light in the door. This was changed in 2009. If I unlock the vehicle with my key remote, all the lights turn on. If I then open the rear gate, all the lights will turn off in 15 seconds except the one in the door. I changed mine to 30 seconds with Techstream

1 - 7 of 7 Posts