Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear luggage area has a cover that has two vinyl blinds that attach to the rear seat headrests. I found that the blinds roll could move easily sideways about 1/16" so when the car went over bumps it would slide back and forth and make a noise that I had thought was the rear seat rails.

So I removed the screws that held the metal strip on the under side of the luggage area cover and found that there was side play in the rolls. Not having much to pack this with, I found that a paper clip with the middle bit bent back could be looped around the axle and bent in such a way that it couldn't fall out worked perfectly to remove the play. I put one on the outter end of each roll.

No more constant rattle from the rear interior.

Brian

·
Registered
43 Posts
good, easy fix to the rattle! I also have that but mine is more of a sharp squeak but I know it was coming from the cover. I was just too lazy to take a good look. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here's a tip.. stick a bit of sponge (thin ones) where it locks into the plastic tabs so there's no movements. That stops the creaking and croaking everytime you go over a bump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts