Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 LE AWD

I was sitting in the vehicle during a downpour and wanted to release the hatch from the inside, i looked everywhere and in the manual, i cannot for the life of me find this function.

Where in the heck is it??

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Just to the left of the steering column on the lower instrument panel if you have the power back door, I don't think there is an interior release without the PBD, read section 3 of the manual, Operation of each component, you can download the manual on the Toyota Owners site.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
After doing a bit of research online, the LE doesn't have an option or package that includes the PBD on the Toyota build website, so I don't think there is an inside hatch release on the LE, it's manual from the hatch itself only.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After doing a bit of research online, the LE doesn't have an option or package that includes the PBD on the Toyota build website, so I don't think there is an inside hatch release on the LE, it's manual from the hatch itself only.
Thanks to everyone for posting and thanks Quickdtoo, the LE does not have a release:mad::mad::mad: inside, as you have also found out. If im reading the manual correctly, there is a panel in the back that in the event of a electrical/battery outage, you can open it with this hidden release(which look like a pain in the arse to get to).

Having said that, the only way to open the rear hatch on a LE, is by using the outside soft touch release, very very wrong!!!

Im gonna have a look one day if its possible to tap into the harness somewhere and install a switch inside so i can at least unlock the hatch and lifting it from the outside is only required. Im sure someones gonna say if you have to lift it just press the button to open it but not having to fumble with the switch and just swinging the hatch up is nice at lease to have. Thanks again to you all.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks to everyone for posting and thanks Quickdtoo, the LE does not have a release:mad::mad::mad: inside, as you have also found out. If im reading the manual correctly, there is a panel in the back that in the event of a electrical/battery outage, you can open it with this hidden release(which look like a pain in the arse to get to).

Having said that, the only way to open the rear hatch on a LE, is by using the outside soft touch release, very very wrong!!!

Im gonna have a look one day if its possible to tap into the harness somewhere and install a switch inside so i can at least unlock the hatch and lifting it from the outside is only required. Im sure someones gonna say if you have to lift it just press the button to open it but not having to fumble with the switch and just swinging the hatch up is nice at lease to have. Thanks again to you all.
Not familiar with the LE. Do you have a remote fob that unlocks the hatch? You can use that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not familiar with the LE. Do you have a remote fob that unlocks the hatch? You can use that.
No, my fob has 2 buttons, lock and unlock only. For the life of me, like in just about any vehicle, yiu can reach down somewhere and pull a lever or push a button to release a trunk/hatch from the inside, this vehicle does not have such a thing. :surprise

·
Registered
449 Posts
No, my fob has 2 buttons, lock and unlock only. For the life of me, like in just about any vehicle, yiu can reach down somewhere and pull a lever or push a button to release a trunk/hatch from the inside, this vehicle does not have such a thing. :surprise
That sxxks. Toyota really cut cost. Will be hard to retrofit one too whether electric or cable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Add it to the list. At the LE level, reliable car that it is and there is great value in that...from the crappy plastic wheel covers through the lack of automatic headlights (!!!) to things like no inside lever for the hatch. Kinda gets under your skin at times, especially given the cost of the vehicle. All to manipulate you to the higher level.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Add it to the list. At the LE level, reliable car that it is and there is great value in that...from the crappy plastic wheel covers through the lack of automatic headlights (!!!) to things like no inside lever for the hatch. Kinda gets under your skin at times, especially given the cost of the vehicle. All to manipulate you to the higher level.
The LE's front brake's disc size are smaller than other models too.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Even the base CR-V has an emergency inside hatch release.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, my LE has automatic headlights with the auto hi/lo function, go figure?? LDA and radar cruise(whatever its called) but no interior release for the tailgate/hatch.

:wall:wall:wall

·
Registered
54 Posts
Actually, my LE has automatic headlights with the auto hi/lo function, go figure?? LDA and radar cruise(whatever its called) but no interior release for the tailgate/hatch.

:wall:wall:wall
Hmm...Mine is a Canadian 2015 LE upgrade package (in Canada, for 2015 at least, LE upgrade adds the idiot roof rails, rear hatch privacy thingy, privacy rear windows and touch screen).

What year is yours? You're sure it's LE? I'm certain that the Canadian LE is sans auto headlights but I realize the differences btw US and CDN and model year changes there will be some differences.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The LE's front brake's disc size are smaller than other models too.

Not to hijack this thread, since it is really for a rear hatch release but ....

If the above quote is correct, then hows comes when I go to the AutoZone website and look up front brake rotors for a 2013 LE they list the identical part numbers as for a 2013 XLE? :confused:

Seems to me that if the LE brake rotors are smaller they would list different part numbers.

That being said, I also checked the Toyota parts catalog and they do, in fact, list two different part numbers for the front brake rotors, but the applicability seems to be the same. I'd guess that the R020 is perhaps just an updated or revised part?

2013 LE: 435120R010 or 435120R020
2013 XLE: 435120R020

1 - 15 of 15 Posts