Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my front seats were starting to show some fade, which really started to bug me because my Rav looks like new on the outside. So I decided to buy some seat covers for them since I love my Rav and want to keep it as long as I can. They were ok, but I just wasn't satisfied with the outcome. So while searching eBay for a different kind I came across a set of Katzkin replacement covers for a 2012 model at a price I thought was too good to pass on. Did a little research and decided to make an offer and it was accepted. Took me about eight hours or so over the course of a weekend doing this by myself. I never realized just how many stinking hog rings these seats have! The next weekend I took the supplied material and covered the door panels. I thought after doing the seats that these would be a breeze in comparison, boy was I wrong as they were the biggest pain in the rear to do. I think the seats turned out great, however I might in the future have the door panel inserts redone in leather to match the seats since the material supplied was a vinyl that I'm not the biggest fan of and besides the two rear head rests need to be covered because the 2012 type are different than mine. I have a new found respect for people who do interior work for a living after doing this project.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Good fitting leather seat covers. That brand is expensive so where did you get it from and how much?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Your hard work paid off! I would love to see how the door panels came out.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Lots of work but worth the effort! My seat covers don't look nearly that good.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good fitting leather seat covers. That brand is expensive so where did you get it from and how much?
I found them on eBay for $250 or make offer. I offered $200 and the seller accepted.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
That looks great! I have taken off my door panel when my wife put all her weight on the armrest and broke a couple of those plastic "rivets" that hold it together. It's definitely not designed to be taken apart and repaired easily!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks great! I have taken off my door panel when my wife put all her weight on the armrest and broke a couple of those plastic "rivets" that hold it together. It's definitely not designed to be taken apart and repaired easily!
What's weird about the welds is that after I removed the inserts for recovering I cut them down a little and found out they're hollow like the were meant to have screws. So that's what I did to reattach them is to use a washer and a 3/8" #8 screw.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
What's weird about the welds is that after I removed the inserts for recovering I cut them down a little and found out they're hollow like the were meant to have screws. So that's what I did to reattach them is to use a washer and a 3/8" #8 screw.
I did too! I had some short phillips screws with wide heads (I think from an old computer case) and used those. They fit perfectly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts