Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks. Part of my center console (the leading edge near where the mirror controls are) and the B Pillar where the seatbelt winds back into seem really susceptable to scarring. I think I've been hitting those spots with the metal on my seat-belt latch.

This bites! My other cars never did this. Did Toyota get cheap with the materials used? I'm more careful now that I noticed the scarring (If I ever did it, I guess?).. but still!

15 day old RAV!~

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agreed. I've noticed the same thing, but don't know what to do about it. Just let it happen I guess, because if I get any more cautious, my girlfriend is going to think I love my RAV more than her.

·
Premium Member
7,024 Posts
Black Jack makes a product called New Again and Black Again for interior and exterior trim care, I've used the Black Again, it's an excellent protectant, a thick viscous gel, not a runny spray like ArmorAll. I would expect the interior product to be as good, although I haven't used it, but I will be trying it though, in light of your experience Mindflux, thx.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quickdtoo said:
Black Jack makes a product called New Again and Black Again for interior and exterior trim care, I've used the Black Again, it's an excellent protectant, a thick viscous gel, not a runny spray like ArmorAll. I would expect the interior product to be as good, although I haven't used it, but I will be trying it though, in light of your experience Mindflux, thx.
New again sounds like an alternative to armor-all, not a fix for an easily scarring plastic.

For interior plastic and vinyl I use:
http://www.autogeek.net/303aepr.html

Always have, always will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts