Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.Can anyone tell me if the three temperature switches, ( temperature control switch, fan, vent adjustment) is supposed to be back lit? I cannot see switches in the dark.

2.Also, my husband's Highlander has a blue map light which dimly shines down on the console in the dark.
My Rav has a small 1"x3/4" vent type thing in between the two interior lights. Is this a map light? is there an aftermarket light available

·
Registered
178 Posts
1.Can anyone tell me if the three temperature switches, ( temperature control switch, fan, vent adjustment) is supposed to be back lit? I cannot see switches in the dark.

2.Also, my husband's Highlander has a blue map light which dimly shines down on the console in the dark.
My Rav has a small 1"x3/4" vent type thing in between the two interior lights. Is this a map light? is there an aftermarket light available

1 Yes they are back lit, your bulbs must be out. Not uncommon at all.
2 That vent looking thing is not a light, I believe that is the factory Bluetooth mic tho I'm not sure. There is an orange light that shines down into the cup holders when the lights are on. The opening is just above the cup holders and below the hvac controls.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
VickyD there is a good thread here on how to change those bulbs.

This a good youtube to watch replacing the bulb.

Here is a link you need to watch removing the radio before removing the dash cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts