Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really mind the silver trim accents in my 5th gen RAV4, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried to pop the silver trim from the dash or center console to wrap them or even attempted to vinyl wrap those trim pieces at all without popping them out. Found another post here RE: popping the door panels so wrapping the door trim should be easier with the guide. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Stick on (covers) options are available, have not seen a big selection so far. Most are fake carbon fiber.

·
Registered
430 Posts
They're easily paintable.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid Cruiser AWD on 22”s
8 Posts
Stick on (covers) options are available, have not seen a big selection so far. Most are fake carbon fiber.
Can you post a link please?

The only stick on ones I’ve seen are for the area around the gear shift.

The sun catches the silver part in mine and it annoys me

·
Registered
183 Posts
At eBay US, search, type in- 2019 RAV4 interior trim. You should get multiple pages of options. I can't stand silver glare myself. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't order from aliexpress unless you want a 50-50 chance of ever getting delivery. They just keep extending delivery on out. I ordered in early April and they keep moving delivery out after they charge your credit card (now out to August delivery if I'm lucky).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't really mind the silver trim accents in my 5th gen RAV4, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried to pop the silver trim from the dash or center console to wrap them or even attempted to vinyl wrap those trim pieces at all without popping them out. Found another post here RE: popping the door panels so wrapping the door trim should be easier with the guide. Thanks in advance!
I was considering popping them off to try painting but figured I would probably break something so I researched the Toyota part #'s for replacements and found them. The right side trim is about $33 and the left one about $11 so not terribly expensive if they do break coming off. The diagrams look like they have some sort of clips holding them which I also found part #'s for if they break. Anybody have a clue how or where to pry or remove without just yanking? (Items 3 & 4 in the attached diagram).

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts