Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’ve been searching the forums and can’t find this same noise problem. I have a ‘19 XSE. When I am at idle in park or in drive with my foot on the brake I get a clicking sound every couple seconds. It will do it for 10-30 min then stop for anywhere from 10-30 min. I’ll attach a video. The dealer thinks it may be the evap canister switch and they say it is normal. Has anyone else had this? Is it normal? It drives me crazy to sit and hear this thing click for minutes at a time. I’ll attach video. You might have to unmute the sound in the top right of the video and turn your sound up to hear it well. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, did you ever find out what was causing this?I have the same situation!

Thanks!
Hey, did you ever find out what was causing this?I have the same situation!

Thanks!
No, the dealer says it’s from the evap canister and says it’s normal. It doesn’t seem normal to me but I don’t know what else I can do. It drives me crazy though. I always have to have music on to drown out that noise. I’d love to know if someone finds a solution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm going to take mine in to the dealership in a couple of weeks. If I get a resolution to it I will post to your discussion. It shouldn't be normal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi I’ve been searching the forums and can’t find this same noise problem. I have a ‘19 XSE. When I am at idle in park or in drive with my foot on the brake I get a clicking sound every couple seconds. It will do it for 10-30 min then stop for anywhere from 10-30 min. I’ll attach a video. The dealer thinks it may be the evap canister switch and they say it is normal. Has anyone else had this? Is it normal? It drives me crazy to sit and hear this thing click for minutes at a time. I’ll attach video. You might have to unmute the sound in the top right of the video and turn your sound up to hear it well. Thanks in advance for any help.

If it's under the rear seat, the fuel tank and the fuel pump are located there. As you probably know , the fuel pump is under a recall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts