Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Im going to keep digging through old threads to see if i can find something useful, but i thought I might reach out for some help if its available.

I have a '03 Rav4 Chili that has had problems with the automatic lock on the front passenger door since I purchased it 2nd hand a few months ago. Recently though I had the car detailed and I think something may have gotten wet.

As such the electric locks either dont work at all or on random occasions will trigger on/off constantly without any input for a short while. My stereo has also gone into protect mode indicating it thinks there is a short / blown speaker (pretty sure its not blown).

Does anyone have any advise for way to start to diagnose this sort of problem? I realise chasing electrical faults is a PITA but i figure it cant be too deep as its likely caused by cleaning the interior of the car, probably around the floor carpets.

Any advise / experience would be greatly appreciated :)

I can deal with the locks not working but I would rather not have wiring shorting somewhere where it might get worse if I can avoid it...

·
Registered
189 Posts
hey bud:

if you want, you may start from where you think that got wet. if you have a air spray gun or compressed air that we use on computer keyboard
to dry them out.

detail guys , right, they do spray edge of vehicles' doors and might heat a speaker, or connection to the speaker, you need to remove the door panel for this procedure, and check of wetness and loose wiring.

door glass weather strips, probably tearing apart or worn out that was can get down to the internal parts , motor, locks, etc.

did they was your engine too? check the fuse box in the engine compartment, loose and/or wet connections

you're right, so did they shampoo the carpet? you can check that too

if wet, use the air spray or compressed air to dry them out and test them out again before you close everything

---

ok lets go back to your stereo, did you check the fuses? of the ACC and RADIO? check ACC relay too

to your speaker, probably the power amplifier is toast. well to make sure that speakers are all ok, you may replace one then try it on. but you said
it is saying that. did you try just switching the key to ACC/RADIO? try it again without starting the engine.

if nothing, you really need to check the back of your radio head then the amplifier, then test again, if nothing, replace first the radio head, because
you dont think that all speakers is faulty. somewhat impossible to happen. but it could happen. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey bud:

if you want, you may start from where you think that got wet. if you have a air spray gun or compressed air that we use on computer keyboard
to dry them out.
[Cut for length]
Perfect thanks, I have to work a lot this week but hopefully on the weekend I can start to eliminate some potential causes. Thanks for the tips on where to start :) I will keep the thread updated as I try things!

did they was your engine too? check the fuse box in the engine compartment, loose and/or wet connections

you're right, so did they shampoo the carpet? you can check that too

ok lets go back to your stereo, did you check the fuses? of the ACC and RADIO? check ACC relay too
They cleaned the engine bay but the fuse box looks fine and I already checked the related fuses which are not broken or burnt.

They definitely did the carpets, so i will check the connections on the edge of the carpet.

Whats an ACC relay sorry?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts